Arrabida and Azeitao Private Tour with Wine and Cheese
See and taste the best of Arrabida and Azeitao on this full-day private tour with wine and cheese tasting. Experience the good life--Portugal style--with the help of a guide. Tour the gardens, vineyards, and art of Quinta da Bacalhoa, taste the world-class wines of the Alentejo region, and stroll the historic town of Azeitão on this experiential tour. Indulge in an intimate wine and cheese tasting before returning to your Lisbon accommodation.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tour escort/host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Bacalhoa Palace and Estate
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bacalhoa Palace and Estate, Estrada Nacional 10, Vila Nogueira de Azeitao 2925-710 Portugal
Wine tours and tastings at Quinta da Bacalhôa Palace
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Azeitao, Azeitao, Setubal District, Alentejo
Towns and Villages
Situated in the Nature Reserve of the Serra da Arrábida, the Azeitão area includes various characteristic villages, in particular Vila Fresca and Vila Nogueira , which adopted the names of the quintas (country houses/estates) around which they developed.
Vila Fresca de Azeitão grew up around the Quinta Fresca, where King Dom João I founded a palace in the 15th century, later known as the Palácio da Quinta da Bacalhoa, from the nickname of one of its owners, a name that has survived up to the present day.
Vila Nogueira de Azeitão developed around the Quinta da Nogueira, the property of Dona Constança, wife of King Pedro (14th century). The village grew and was raised to the category of town and seat of the council in 1786, a category it lost in 1855.
Several aristocratic families made this delightful region, of great natural beauty, their summer residence. They built fine country houses and mansions, such as the Quinta das Torres (now converted into an inn or country house hotel), and the palace of the Dukes of Aveiro, which is built in pure Renaissance style.
A visit to Azeitão also provides the opportunity to taste the excellent regional products, such as the cheeses, the famous tarts and the wines, in particular the table wines made from Periquita grapes, and the Moscatel of Setúbal.
We will have lunch here
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Parque Natural da Arrabida, Setubal 2900-324 Portugal
The Nature Park of Arrábida(Portuguese: Parque Natural da Arrábida) is a protected area, founded in 1976 and covering an area of 108 square kilometres (42 sq mi), situated between the town of Sesimbra and the city of Setúbal, the hill of Palmela and the sea, including areas in the municipalities of Setúbal, Palmela, and Sesimbra in the PortuguesePenínsula de Setúbal region, district of Setúbal.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Portinho da Arrabida, Portinho da Arrabida, Setubal District, Alentejo
Visit one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Situated between the Arrabida mountains, a breathtaking landscape.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at 08h30 Airports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Lisbon Cruise Port - Jardim do Tabaco Quay, Doca Jardim do Tabaco Terminal de Cruzeiros de Lisboa, Av. Infante Dom Henrique, 1100-651 Lisboa, Portugal
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Dress code enforced, no jeans, sportswear, joggers, or sneakers
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.