Arouca Geopark: Interpretive Walk in Serra da Freita
Outcrop invites you to discover the natural heritage of Serra da Freita through a private interpretive walk or in small groups.
This experience aims to be accessible to most people, but physically demanding, in an extensive and contemplative walk, where science appears to make us understand what surrounds us. We will travel trails between the villages of Albergaria da Serra, Merujal and Castanheira, and the headwaters of the Caima River. Between schists and granites, we will see panoramic views of rare beauty, observe imposing waterfalls, rare geological phenomena, typical villages and vestiges of ancient peoples, where geology is the vehicle to understand the whole landscape, or if we were not in the Arouca geopark.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
What's included :
- Geologist Guide
- Civil liability and personal accident insurance
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Picnic halfway.
- Private transportation
- Other points of departure and transfers after prior consultation.
- Mask (OUTCROP can also supply - plus 1 euro / unit)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Serra da Freita, 4540, Portugal
Physically demanding interpretive walk, given the distance to travel. We will go through different geosites that will allow us to understand the geodiversity of Serra da Freita and some of the geological and geomorphological processes that were at the base of its formation. During the walk we will have the possibility to contemplate imposing waterfalls, breathtaking panoramic views, very particular geological phenomena, see some of its wild and domestic inhabitants, watch ancestral practices and prehistoric remains. A walk that aims to be a moment of sharing and contemplating the natural heritage of Serra da Freita.
Duration: 9 hours
Departure Point :Albergaria da Serra River Park, 4540 Albergaria da Serra, Portugal
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Following the COVID-19 pandemic, we decided to adopt the recommendations of the Clean & Safe certification, which aim to minimize the risk to all participants. Being a personalized experience and carried out outdoors, it has, by itself, a lower associated risk.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.