Arenal Volcano National Park Walk with Optional Hot Springs
We begin the tour by heading to the El Silencio Private Reserve, to get as close to the base of the volcano as possible. Next, we will walk approximately 1 kilometer along a volcanic stone path with a moderate degree of difficulty, until we reach the viewpoint, the closest point to volcano permitted to access. At the viewpoint, our guide will provide relevant information on the formation of the Arenal Volcano, its periods of activity, as well as unpublished details of its first eruption in 1968. Enjoy the excellent views of the Green Lagoon and Lake Arenal.
With a little luck, this 1.5 km trail will provide us with the opportunity to see a wide variety of plants and animals that inhabit the rainforest, like toucans, turkeys, orioles, peccaries, snakes, and monkeys. At the end of the tour our driver will be waiting for us with a delicious snack of tropical fruit before returning to your hotel.
Add a visit to the hot springs for additional cost and enjoy the thermal mineral waters.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with Wi-Fi
- Entry/Admission - Ecoterra Costa Rica
- Entry/Admission - Arenal Volcano
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ecoterra Costa Rica, Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos Costa Rica
The tour begins at 07:30am or 2:30pm from, in order to reach the Reserve, we will begin a 1 km walk along a trail of volcanic rock, to reach the observation point, which is the closest to the base of the volcano we can legally get. At the observation point, your guide will provide interesting information, as well as giving you the opportunity to enjoy the incredible views of the Arenal Volcano and the Arenal Lake. Afterwards, we will begin our return trip down the same trail to the starting point.
This trail is about 1.5 km, in length, and with a little luck, you will have the opportunity to discover a large variety of flora and fauna, including toucans, monkeys and more. After the trails, your driver will be waiting for you, with a snack of tropical fruit, before returning you to your hotel, If you prefer, you can visit the hot springs of your choice for an approximately 3 hours, for an additional cost, we will return to pick you up to take you to your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Arenal Volcano National Park 21007 Costa Rica
we will walk approximately 1 kilometer along a volcanic stonepath with a moderate degree of difficulty, until we reach the viewpoint, the closest point to volcano permitted to access
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Casa Luna Hotel & Spa, Diagonal 301, Provincia de Alajuela, San Carlos, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
You must contact Ecoterra Costa Rica at least 24 hours before your activity date to confirm your reservation and arrange transportation.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.