Arenal Volcano Experience Full-Day Tour from San Jose
See more of the Arenal Volcano region with the convenience of a full-day tour from San Jose. Take a scenic route to Arenal with views of farms, rain forests, and small towns. Stop at a coffee plantation and sample coffee, as well as traditional snacks. Stop at a waterfall, look for wildlife, and learn about the Costa Rican Native Culture, then have the afternoon to soak in hot springs set in a lush garden near the Arenal Volcano. Lunch, dinner and coffee tasting are included on this trip.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (most San Jose area hotels)
- Professional bilingual guide
- Coffee or Tea with local snacks
- Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Casa del Café La Luisa
- Entry/Admission - Centro Turístico Las Iguanas
- Entry/Admission - Go Adventure Arenal Park
- Entry/Admission - Paradise Hot Springs
What's excluded :
- Services not specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Casa del Café La Luisa, 712, Provincia de Alajuela, Alajuela, Costa Rica
Travel to the Arenal Volcano area, the most popular touristic region of Costa Rica, and enjoy many of the beauties of the country on this full-day trip. Your tour starts in the morning when you are picked up from your hotel in the San Jose area in an air-conditioned vehicle and you will then travel to Arenal on an alternative route that is more scenic than the regular highway to this popular destination. On the way to Arenal, you will stop in a plantation where you will learn about coffee of Costa Rica, here you will be able to observe the coffee plants and see the workers picking the ripe cherries during the harvest season. Your guide will share information on this important product to the local economy and other important facts (coffee degustation will be provided later in a rustic coffee shop).
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: La Paz Waterfall, Alajuela Province, Costa Rica
Continue your tour with a visit to the famous La Paz Waterfall, where you will stop on the side of the road for a few minutes to take pictures of this popular attraction surrounded by lush tropical rainforest.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Cinchona, Provincia de Alajuela, Alajuela, Costa Rica
Later on, you will stop at the San Fernando Waterfall look-out point, where you will also have the chance to take pictures of this beautiful attraction and observe many exotic birds of Costa Rica at the birds’ gallery; it is very common to see toucans, hummingbirds and many other colorful tropical species. Taste a freshly brewed cup of some of the best coffee in the world while admiring the beautiful waterfall, definitely a great place to drink your coffee! This degustation will be accompanied by traditional snacks that local Costa Ricans normally eat with their coffee.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Centro Turístico Las Iguanas, Alajuela, San Carlos, Florencia, Muelle Contiguo al puente de Muelle de San Carlos, Provincia de Alajuela, Muelle, Costa Rica
Following you will stop at the iguana’s center, a place where you will see lots of iguanas at eye level, resting on the top of numerous trees. As part of this stop, you will also go to a place nearby where sloths are normally observed in their natural habitat.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Go Adventure Arenal Park, Alajuela Province, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
Continue on to the Town of La Fortuna, where you will savor a delicious Costa Rican lunch in a restaurant located near the famous Arenal Volcano. After lunch, participate in an indigenous presentation performed by native people from the local “Maleku Tribe”, where you will learn about the traditions and culture of this ethnic group.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Paradise Hot Springs, 3.1 MI Northwest From Downtown la Fortuna, Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos 21007 Costa Rica
Afterward, you will visit various points around the volcano to take pictures of this amazing mountain on clear days, and you will then travel to the beautiful Paradise Hot Springs Resort, a place where you will be able to relax for a few hours in the multiple hot springs pools surrounded by lush tropical gardens. This hot springs facility is one of the best in the Arenal area and provides the perfect environment to relax in thermal mineral water pools, jacuzzis, and cascading waterfalls. After enjoying the relaxing hot springs you will go to a local typical restaurant to have a delicious Costa Rican dinner and then will be taken back to your hotel in the San Jose area.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :San José Province, San José, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour includes man-made hot springs pools, filled with natural thermal water
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions
- Drop off in the Arenal-La Fortuna centrally located hotels is available. Please note that if you choose this option, dinner will not be included in your tour because it’s done in a restaurant on the way back to San Jose. Also, there is an extra charge for drop offs with luggage, but in the case of this tour it doesn’t apply because the cost of the dinner will cover for the drop off charge. If you wish to take this option, you must let us know at the time of booking.
- This tour has being designed for those people who wish to do a lot of sightseeing in the morning without much effort, have lunch, and then relax in the hot springs for most of the afternoon
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.