Arctic Fox Travel Dettifoss lake Mývatn winter private super jeep tour
Enjoy the amazing winter landscape in this 8-9 hour private tour in the North of Iceland. The journey starts in Akureyri and the first stop of the day is the wonderful Goðafoss waterfall,from there on its direction Lake Mývatn with all its natural wonders. After taking a lunch break at a local restaurant,its time to head to the biggest waterfall in Europe, Dettifoss waterfall. On that route the superjeep comes in handy and maybe snowshoes as well. After exploring Dettifoss its time to drive back to Lake Mývatn and have a relaxing soak in the Nature baths.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Super jeep
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Myvatn Nature Baths (Jardbodin vid Myvatn)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Arctic Fox Travel, Petursborg, Akureyri Iceland
Our tour starts with a pick up in Akureyri or in the surrounding area.
Stop At: Godafoss, Akureyri Iceland
The name Goðafoss means Waterfall of the gods,I will explain that better once we are there.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Lake Myvatn Iceland
There are so many things to say about the Lake Mývatn area,but the best thing is that I tell you all about it once we are there.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Dettifoss Waterfall, Lake Myvatn Iceland
Dettifoss is the most powerfull waterfall in Europe its 45m high and 100m wide. Getting there in winter can be a fun challenge with the super jeep.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Myvatn Nature Baths (Jardbodin vid Myvatn), Jardbadsholum, Lake Myvatn Iceland
Taking a relaxing dip is the perfect way to end the day. And afterwards its back to Akureyri
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up in the Akureyri area, or any location on route to Lake Mývatn.Airports
- Akureyri Airport, Akureyri Iceland
- Akureyri Airport (AEY), Urðargil 15, Akureyri, Iceland
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Good warm clothes since the weather can be cold in the region
- Good hiking shoes
- Warm clothes
- Gloves and cap
- Swimsuit and towel
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.