Archaeologist-Led Cañada de La Virgen Pyramid Tour
As I (Albert Coffee) guide you through this magical place, where I had the privilege of participating during the 2004 excavation field season, I'll share what I have gleaned through personal hands-on experience and years of study about ancient Mesoamerica, the legends & wisdom of local people.
I am a graduate of Louisiana State University and a federally licensed tour guide. This special tour includes years of documented legends, wisdom & memories of the elders of the ranch communities on and around the historic location. You will hear about each place and its cultural significance as you journey along the path the ancients took to reach the pyramid.
I have taken over 20,000 people on tours since the site opened to the public in 2011. My passion is relating in an enjoyable way information that is just coming to light in an area recently investigated. I hope to see you soon.
This is "a must do while you’re here…!"
"An experience that can’t be missed."
"Don’t get left behind."
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water
- Tour by federally-licensed guide
- Entry/Admission - Canada de la Virgen
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canada de la Virgen, San Miguel de Allende Mexico
The best way to visit the Cañada de la Virgen is with an expert guide. Along the way, Albert will share his knowledge of cultures of the Bajio region, including the Otomi people and other Mesoamerican cultures. After visiting the Welcome Center, we will walk a total of approximately 3 kilometers (2 miles) together, taking the same path as the ancients. Albert will show you recent discoveries at the archaeological site and you’ll be able to climb to the top of the pyramid. Along the way, you will see the impressive landscapes as your mind goes on a journey. You will leave with a more thorough knowledge of this wonderful, historical site.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :St. Paul's Church / Iglesia Anglicana de San Pablo, El Cardo 6, Zona Centro, Centro, 37700 San Miguel de Allende, Gto., Mexico
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Reduced group sizes
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.