Archaeological Sintra Tour in a Classical car
My name is Diogo, i am an archaeologist and i live in Sintra since i can remember. As a local I've gathered knowledge and love for my land that i now want to share. I've been involved with archaeological excavations in Sintra where we uncovered treasures from past cultures. I am also a local tour guide with plenty of local advise for the newcomers who want to enjoy our marvelous land. I've made this tour thinking about out of the box places that tourists usually don't visit in Sintra, whether it's because mostly only locals know them or they are hard to find. In my view, this tour offers Sintra in it's raw and authentic state away from the crowds with a lot of past secrets to share.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Snacks - A typical Sintra pastry called queijadas will be offered as an welcome snack!
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Castelo dos Mouros, Estrada da Pena Parque de Monserrate, Sintra 2710-609 Portugal
We will start our tour with a pick up at Sintra train Station and proceed to visit a ruined medieval village at the gates of the Moorish castle, there, we will see the remains of an archaeological excavation where i worked back in 2012 and is now an open air museum with old structures, graves popping off the ground and a museum with a lot of artifacts we found there.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Santuario da Peninha, N247, Sintra 2705-000 Portugal
The seccond place we will visit lies in the middle of the Sintra forest where an old chapel lies on a top of a hill, this chapel is known as an old pilgrimage spot where a miracle happened. Another ruined building is also seen on this barren hill top, this ruined church has its foundations on the foundation of Portugal itself. Our journey will continue to this more place of the hill, away from the crowds and mostly known only by locals. For me one of the best views of all the Lisbon bay area.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Penedo de Adrenunes, Rua de Sintra, Sintra 2710-084 Portugal
The last place we will visit will be a curious one. After a 15 minute walk deep down in the Sintra Forest, another hill top facing the westernmost point of continental europe can be visited. The place called Penedo de Adrenunes, gives us the Stonehenge vibes. Despite archaeological artifacts never been found here, it is believed that this place was used by our ancestors 5000 years ago.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Avenida Doutor Miguel Bombarda, Av. Dr. Miguel Bombarda, 2710 Sintra, Portugal
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/11/2020 - 11/2/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.