Appian Way Bike Tour!
If you want to experience the authentic Roman countryside, combining rich history and beautiful nature this Appian Way Bike Tour is a perfect choice!
The Appian Way, known as the "Queen of the long roads", is one of the earliest and strategically most important Roman roads of the ancient republic. While biking this road, you will encounter ancient monuments, catacombs and you will even cycle along stretches of the original 2300-year-old basalt stones.
Along the way, you will see the ruins of tombs, mausoleums and statues as back in ancient times, the Appia Antica was lined with monuments to honour the dead.
You will hear the fascinating history of one of the most famous roads in the world and there will be plenty of time for pictures!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Use of bicycle
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Via Appia Antica, Via Appia, Rome Italy
This is one of the most stunning itineraries on the Appian Way, or Regina Viarum as Roman citizens used to call it.
Starting from the "Domine Quo vadis?" church to the Nymphaeum of Quintili's Villa, you will explore an incessant series of different tombs, among them the grand Cecilia Metella Tomb.
Distance on Bike: approx. 12, 5 km (7, 5 miles)
Trail: dirt path, sampietrino and cobblestones.
Suggested for: from 12 years upwards
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Italian authorities are making the use of face masks mandatory on public transport, stores, museums, and should be worn on the street in cases when it is hard to maintain a safe distance from others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.