Apostle Paul Footsteps Athens Corinth Private Tour
Our Apostle Paul Footsteps Private Tour from Athens is a truly remarkable Christian tour.
Apostle Paul or else "Apostle of Nations", in 49 AD arrived in Greece and soon after started preaching Christianity to the Pagans of the time. Before he reaches Athens and Corinth, he visited Samothrace, Kavala (Neapoli), Philippi, Amphipolis, Apollonia, Thessaloniki and Veria, to preach about Jesus.
In Athens, he visited all the important political spots of the times (Roman era) which you will also visit this private Ap. Paul tour. Apostle Paul afterwards went to Corinth where he stayed for almost 18 months and authored the famous two Epistles to Corinthians.
In our Apostle Paul Footsetsp tour we will visit:
Acropolis Parthenon, Erechteion, Propylaea and Athina Nike Temples
Aeropagus or Mars Hill with the Memorial of his speech
Ancient Corinth with the Bema
Kechries port from which he departed
Church of Apostle Paul
Modern Corinth for lunch by the sea
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Free residence / hotel / port pick up and return
- Private and Exclusive Luxurious Transfer
- Brand new luxury vehicles with WiFi , A/C and free mineral water
- Professional English speaking experienced tour driver
- Airport pick up and return. Arranged with a surcharge.
What's excluded :
- Meals and drinks (Unless Lunch Option)
- Licensed Guide (Unless Guide Option)
- Admission fees into archaeological sites, museums
- Your tour driver can not escort you into the sites.
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Agora of Athens
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Corinth (Archaia Korinthos)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Acropolis, via Dionysiou Areopagitou str., Athens 105 58 Greece
After your pick up from your residence, your driver will take you to Paul's first destination in Athens: the Acropolis Hill and surrounding old city (Plaka).
Acropolis' Hill hosts the impressive Temples of Parthenon, the Propylaea, the Erechtheion and the Nike Temple, all erected in the fifth century BC.
When Apostle Paul was visiting, some 500 years later, Athens was under Roman Rein.
Apostle Paul visited Acropolis and had discussions with the locals about the death of Jesus on the cross and his resurrection. History mentions that he impressed some epicurean and stoic philosophers of the time.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Areopagus, Athens 105 55, Greece
Exactly across the official exit of Acropolis Athens site, stands the Mars Hill or Areopagus Hill where Apostle Paul after being formally invited to do so, preached about Christianity.
At Acts 17:22-31 is mentioned that Apostle Paul stood in the middle of the Areopagus, and said, “You men of Athens, I perceive that you are very religious in all things. For as I passed along, and observed the objects of your worship, I found also an altar with this inscription: 'TO AN UNKNOWN GOD".
Actually, you will see an excerpt of his sermon carved into a stone hung at the root of the Mars Hill, where the stairs leading to the top begin.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ancient Agora of Athens, Adrianou 24, Athens 105 55 Greece
From Acropolis, we will slowly descend into the most beautiful part of Athens, Plaka old city, a mixture of Neoclassical houses and archaeological sites around. You will pass by Roman Agora and Adrian's Library on your way to Ancient Agora of Athens.
Ancient Agora of Athens was the political and social centre of ancient Athens. Ancient Agora most prominent sites are the magnificent Temple of Hephaestus, Stoa of Attalos, the Church of the Holy Apostles, the Bouleutirion (council chamber), the Stoa of Zeus, and its many pagan shrines, including the Altar of the Twelve Gods and the Altar of Zeus.
In the Book of Acts (17:17) is said that Apostle Paul visited a synagogue in the Ancient Agora and preached about the the ‘unknown god’. He also discussed with the Greek philosophers that one could meet in the Ancient Agora.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Corinth 201 00 Greece
On our way to Ancient Corinth, your driver will make a stop at the Corinthian Canal, a six and a half kilometres canal separating the Aegean Sea with the Ionian sea.
If we are lucky, we will see a ship crossing the narrow canal and take many photos of the stunning view.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ancient Corinth (Archaia Korinthos), Ancient Korinthos village, Corinth Greece
Twenty minutes later, you will arrive at Peloponnese, Ancient Corinth and visit the imposing archaeological site and museum. Apostle Paul stayed in Corinth for 18 months
The site includes the famous Temple of Apollo (Dating in 585 B.C.) with the Doric style columns and the Bema, where Apostle Paul preached the word of Christian God to local Corinthians, Jewish and Romans. The Corinthian Jewish united against Apostle Paul, dragged him to court accusing him that he was illegally trying to convert people. Soon, he left through Kechries.
Apostle Paul is the patron saint of Corinth and Corinthians built an impressive church in his honour, the Church of Apostle Paul, which you will visit.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kechries, Kechries, Corinthia Region, Peloponnese
The ancient port of Kechree was one of the largest in the ancient world since it was 30 acres. Apostle Paul founded also the Church of Kechree and his first Deaconess was a woman, Saint Phebe.
According to the Acts, he cut his hair and bid goodbye to his Corihtinas friends as he set off to Syria to continue his work on spreading Christianity in the Mediterranean.
« Ο δε Παύλος …εξέπλει εις Συρίαν …κειράμενος την κεφαλήν εν Κεγχρεαίς, είχε γαρ ευχήν…» (Πράξ Αποστ. ΙΗ, ).
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Corinth, Corinth, Corinthia Region, Peloponnese
After the visit to Kechries port, your driver will transfer you to modern Corinth and we will see the modern Church of Apostle Paul.
Soon after, you will visit the seaside Corinth where you will enjoy your lunch at a traditional restaurant with fresh seafood or other local Greek food.
When you have finished your meal, your driver will drive you back to Athens and drop you off at your residence.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from ANY hotel or air bnb in Athens and PiraeusAirports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.