Aoos river (Konitsa’s bridge – Stomio’s Monastery)
If you are lucky enough to be in this place, do not hesitate to take this almost 5km walk route to the Holy Monastery of Stomio. You will be certainly rewarder by its wild natural beauty, small features of the traditional architecture and by the hospitality of the few monks that reside in the Monastery.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Walking or hiking baton (optionally) and backpack
- Video & Photos
- Lunch - Visitors will be charged according to the restaurant's menu.
What's excluded :
The route is flat and becomes uphill at the end of it. The area has been integrated into the European network of protected Areas NATURA 2000. The monastery of Stomio was built in 1594 on the other side of the river and was moved to its new location in 1774. The famous monk Paisios termed there and he was its main renovator. On the way back visitors may bathe at the Aoos River.
• Moni Panagias Stomiou, E90, Konitsa Greece
Departure Point :Stone bridge Konitsa, E90, Konitsa 441 00, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
Transportation by car, to and from the activities, is optional and price depends on the distance.Airports
- Ioannina Airport, Ioannina Greece
- Aktion International Airport, Λεωφόρος Ειρήνης, Άκτιο 300 02, Greece
- Igoumenitsa Ferry Port, E55, Igoumenitsa 461 00, Greece
- Syvota 461 00, Greece
- Parga Port, Greece
- Preveza Marina, Λιμάνι, Preveza 481 00, Greece
- Lefkas Marina S.A., East Shore, Lefkada 311 00, Greece
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 2/7/2020 - 10/18/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.