Antigua Coffee Farm Tour
Heart of Travel is a small, women-owned business, born out of a deep-rooted love and passion for travel and a desire to showcase the often undervalued and misunderstood countries of Latin America.
Heart of Travel is designed to provide you with an ideal travel experience that meets your specific wants and needs while upholding high ethical standards and sustainable practices to ensure that we are making a positive impact on local communities, cultures, and economies through responsible tourism.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Bilingual Heart of Travel Tour Leader
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alotenango, Alotenango, Sacatepequez Department
Join us on our Coffee Farm tour with Don José. We first met Don José’s through his daughter, Gloria, who participates in a program at our sister non-profit, Fundación Fénix. Her husband, Jose Antonio was a volunteer firefighter who passed away during the rescue efforts during the June 3rd, 2018, an eruption of the Fuego Volcano. It’s been an honor to get to know Gloria and her family and we are excited to work with them as a part of our sustainable tourism program.
Upon arriving at their home, we will have a delicious home-cooked meal. Then it’s time to get even further off the beaten path as we climb into the back of Don Jose’s pick up truck and ride through the farmland of Alotenango to visit his small coffee plot. Here, he will teach us about all the steps involved in making your morning cup of joe including cultivation, harvest, processing, and roasting. You will also enjoy spectacular views of the countryside and not only will you see coffee but many other plants such as corn, avocado, beans, jocotes and various trees and medicinal plants. After our time at the farm, we will return to Don Jose’s home to taste a cup of his delicious coffee before saying goodbye to our friends.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.