Antequera and El Torcal private full-day trip from Marbella or Malaga
Explore Antequera, "the heart of Andalusia" because of its central location among Málaga, Granada, Córdoba, and Seville, the nearby natural reserve of El Torcal, famous for its unstable limestone rocks, one of the most important karst landscapes in Europe, the Roman baths, the fortress and many more.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - El Torcal de Antequera
- Entry/Admission - Alcazaba de Antequera
What's excluded :
- Food and drink
- Entrance fees (Fortress and Collegiate)
- Antequera has an extensive archaeological and architectural heritage, highlighted by the dolmens of Menga, Viera, and El Romeral, and numerous churches, convents, and palaces from different periods and in different styles.
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning for this day tour, which will start with hiking in the "El Torcal". "El Torcal" de Antequera is a nature reserve in the Sierra del Torcal mountain range, known for its unusual land forms, impressive karst landscapes. After the hike, continue to explore the area by visiting 2 dolmens, a megalithic burial mound called a tumulus, a long barrow form of dolmen, dating from 3,000 B.C. After completion of the chamber (which probably served as a grave for the ruling families) and the path leading into the center, the stone structure was covered by the ground and built up into the hill that can be seen today. When the grave was opened and examined in the 19th century, archaeologists found the skeletons of several hundred people inside.
Later, stop at a local cozy restaurant for lunch (own expense). And after, continue the tour by visiting Alcazaba of Antequera, Royal Collegiate, Roman Baths. The Alcazaba of Antequera is a fortress in Antequera, Spain. It was erected in the 14th century to counter the Christian advance from the north, over Roman ruins. It is rectangular in shape, with two towers and its keep is considered among the largest of Moorish al-Andalus. At the end of this tour you will be transferred back to your hotel in the Costa del Sol.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Malaga port
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Due to Covid-19, an audio streaming is provided with the use of your own smartphone – via mobile network – and earphones. The tour agency has the badge “Andalucía Segura”. That means, that the company complies with the healthy-hygienic standards established by the World Health Organization and also by the Spanish government.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.