Angkor’s Magical Beng Mealea and Koh Ker
The jungle around Siem Reap still has a lot of surprises for the more adventurous traveller. Two lesser-known temple ruins, Beng Mealea and Koh Ker are among the least sought-after in the whole region yet are must-see essentials for its size and history.
• Explore Cambodia’s jungle outside Siem Reap;
• Gaze at temple ruins, away from the Angkor crowd;
• Wander through the wide galleries of Beng Mealea;
• Admire the 7-tiered pyramid temple of Koh Ker;
• Experience Cambodian rural life, the way it has been.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
- One day pass into the Angkor Archaeological site
- Entry/Admission - Beng Mealea
- Entry/Admission - Koh Ker Temple
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Beng Mealea, 40 km east of Angkor Wat Cambodia
On this tour, we travel through the thriving countryside, past rice paddy fields and local villages to Beng Mealea temple. Beng Mealea - the “Lotus Pond” Temple from the early 11th Century - was built by Suryavarman II as a Hindu Temple. One of the few accessible temples, hidden in a maze of the jungle - if there is one temple to explore resplendent with jungle engulfing it, it is Beng Mealea. Clambering over large sandstone blocks to reach the inner sanctuary and eerie worship corridor is an exploration to remember. Architecturally, Beng Mealea is known for its innovative, in its time, construction of hallways, it was a large temple with wide galleries foreshadowing Angkor Wat. A picnic lunch will be arranged during the tour.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Koh Ker Temple, 100 Km North of Siem Reap Cambodia
Continue with a visit of Koh Ker Temple which represents the remnants of the capital of the Khmer Empire from 928 AD – 944 AD, a very unique period in the Age of Angkor. The premier, dilapidated bastion of the complex is Prasat Thom, an imposing 7-tiered pyramid and temple complex. It was home to Jayavarman IV, the maternal uncle of the two previous kings and a great feudal landholder, who ascended the throne in 928. In only a few years, Jayavarman IV built many colossal sanctuaries dedicated to Shiva, ruling over large numbers of people and in considerable splendour for twenty years until succeeded by his son Harshavarman I.
We head back to Siem Reap while we pass remote villages and the dense, untouched jungle behind us. We can assure you that you will look back to this day as an adventurous one.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from only hotels inside Siem Reap, Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Siem Reap. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Tonle Sap, Koh Ker, Banteay Srei and Siem Reap International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- Part of this excursion includes walking over unpaved roads and paths. This may not suit guests with walking issues. Bear in mind that such paths may turn slippery / muddy after a rain shower. We suggest wearing good walking shoes, preferred closed shoes, when booking this tour.
- To avoid any issues pertaining obtaining an arrival visa at the airport, please ensure that your passport contains at least two empty pages. Failure to do so may result in not gaining entrance into the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- Important note: From 1st January 2020 on wards, Visiting to Beng Mealea temple will require visitors to have a Angkor pass to enter. The ticket pass is included in this price.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.