Angampora Martial Arts Show from Colombo
(SKU: LK93010100) This tour gives you the chance to see and experience the ancient Sri Lankan martial artform of Angampora in person. Watch demonstrations of the various high-level techniques of Angampora. View knife fights, gang fights, the art of swords, and much more. Learn some basic Angampora techniques from professionals, if you are interested. This is a wonderfully fun tour for those who are interested in martial and history, or have a great sense of adventure.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off from your hotel in Colombo.
- Transport by an air-conditioned vehicle, with the service of an English-speaking driver.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Angampora - STIMA
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Expenses of personal nature.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Angampora - STIMA, No - 202A Moratuwa, Hena Rd, Athurugiriya 10150, Sri Lanka
Angampora is an ancient martial art form practiced in Sri Lanka for millennia. According to folklore, the history of this martial arts stretches back to almost 30,000 years. Ancient scripts mention that it was born from the efforts of nine hermits; and the most famous expert of this art is believed to be Rana Ravana, a mythical warrior said to have lived 5,000 years ago. Either way, it indeed fact that it was used in wars for almost two millennia as confirmed by historic evidence presented in carvings from various ancient temples such as the Embekke Devalaya, The temple of the Tooth, etc; and many historic scripts.
The combat techniques of Angampora include grappling, striking, and most especially pressure point attacks that can cause pain or even permanent paralysis. It incorporates hand-to-hand fighting with various weaponry; such as knives, swords, staves, maces, and more. There are also self-defense techniques, sport, exercise and meditation techniques that can be learned.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up you from your Hotel in Colombo.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.