Andean Lakes Crossing from Argentina to Chile by Bus and Boat
If you’re transferring from Argentina to Chile, why not take the scenic route? Travel through mountain passes by bus and cruise over pristine lakes by boat on this spectacular crossing of the Andes, from Bariloche to Puerto Varas. Your day trip takes you across three Andean lakes – Nahuel Huapi, Frías and Todos los Santos – with gorgeous views of Cerro Tronador and Chile’s Vicente Pérez Rosales National Park. This tour operates with a maximum of 10 people, ensuring you’ll enjoy a small-group experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Boat and bus transportation from Bariloche to Chile
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- National park entrance fee
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Gray Line Argentina, San Carlos de Bariloche Argentina
Depart from Bariloche in the morning upon pickup from your hotel and enjoy the scenic drive to Puerto Pañuelo, your first stop en route to Chile. Relax aboard the coach and keep an eye out for the characteristic Swiss-style architecture of the wooden buildings as well as beautiful gardens and flowers that dot the landscape.
When you arrive at the port, board your catamaran – either Victoria Andina or Victoria del Lago – and set sail on Nahuel Huapi Lake for an hour-long ride to Puerto Blest, located about 15 miles away. Your guide will inform you about the history of the area as you take in the grandeur of the landscape, including a variety of birds that inhabit the green forests surrounding the lake.
Upon arrival at Puerto Blest, board a bus for a ride that borders the Frías River for just three miles to Puerto Alegre. Then, sail aboard City of Faith over the peaceful and pristine waters of Lake Frías and admire its deep green hue as you take in magnificent views of Cerro Tronador. Hovering approximately 11,500 feet (3,500 meters) above sea level, the extinct volcano is the Lake District’s highest mountain.
After a 20-minute voyage, reach the small port of Puerto Frías, where you’ll go through departure procedures at Argentina customs before continuing by bus to Peulla. Along the way, appreciate the lush vegetation of the Cordillera de Los Andes and marvel at Tronador, which has nine glaciers on its summit.
Enter Vicente Pérez Rosales National Park, Chile’s first national park, and arrive in Peulla. Once you’ve carried out entry formalities, you'll have free time to purchase lunch (own expense).
Around 3:30pm, set sail on Todos los Santos Lake with great views of Osorno Volcano, Tronador and Puntiagudo Hill (if the weather allows). Then, continue to your final destination of Puerto Varas by bus, stopping en route for an optional visit to the Petrohué Waterfalls (Saltos del Petrohué), where green falls cascade over volcanic rock in the upper reaches of the Petrohué River (admission not included).
Hotel pickup from Bariloche:
Crans Montana Hotel, Hotel Nevada, Hotel Nahuel Huapi, Kenton Palace, Hotel Tres Reyes, Hotel Edelweiss, Hotel Panamericano, Hotel Cacique Inacayal, Llao Llao Hotel and Resort, Villa Huinid Resort, Design Suites, Nido del Condor Resort and Spa, La Cascada Hotel, El Casco Art Hotel, Alma del Lago Suites and Spa, Peñon del Lago Lodge and Spa
If staying at another hotel, please go to the meeting point: Turisur at 8.30am
Drop-off is included at the following hotels in Puerto Varas:
Hotel Cumbres Patagonicas, Hotel Patagonico, Dreams Puerto Varas, Gran Hotel Colonos del Sur, Hotel Canaña del Lago, Solace Hotel, Hotel Bellavista, Hotel Puelche, Borde Lago Hotel
Pass By: In Puerto Varas, Santa Rosa 132, Puerto Varas 5555000 Chile
Get to the port of Puerto Varas, Chile
Departure Point :San Carlos de Bariloche, Río Negro, Argentina
Traveler pickup is offered
Other downtown hotels in Bariloche
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Puerto Varas, Los Lagos, Chile
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Date of birth, nationality, passport name, number, expiry, and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 2 suitcases at 44 pounds (20 kg) each
- Note: schedules can suffer changes due to weather conditions and number of passengers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.