Ancient Rome Tour: Explore Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill with Francesca
Don't miss this fascinating 3-hour private tour of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill. Gain insight into Ancient Rome, learn about the ruins and see where Rome was born. Because your time is limited, you will enjoy skip-the-line entrance tickets on all 3 sights.
The tour begins at the Colosseum, the largest amphitheatre in Rome where you can walk around the inside of the arena, visit the different levels and see where the famous gladiatorial battles took place. Hear stories and legends of Emperors and gladiators as you explore.
Walk towards the Roman Forum and see where the main square of the ancient city was located. Marvel at the archaeological ruins of temples, government buildings, arches, some that are still standing today. Learn about the ruins and reconstruct them with your guide's help and your imagination.
Head to Palatine Hill, which offers incredible views over the ruins below as you stroll around the houses and palaces of Roman nobility and Emperors.
per adult from
What's included :
- Skip-the-line tickets
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Discover the largest amphitheatre built by the Roman Empire and iconic symbol of the city, the Colosseum. Construction was completed in 80 AD by Emperor Titus and held up to 50,000 spectators at a time. Made to showcase gladiator battles against ferocious animals, executions and other events, it was free for the people of Rome to enter. Walk around the different levels and see where the Emperors and Gladiators stood as you learn about the history and hear stories from the past. Enjoy skip-the-line admission here.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
A short stroll will lead you to the archaeological ruins where the large rectangular Forum of the ancient city once stood. Home to important temples, monuments and courthouses as well as the center of public life for the people of Rome. Here you could find markets, public speeches, elections, commerce and more.
Here you can see an incredible amount of famous temples and political buildings, including The Temple of Saturn, the House of the Vestals, the Arch of Titus and many more. Gain insight into the lives, politics and history of the Ancient Romans as you wander around the ruins.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
The Palatine Hill is the most ancient part of the city and is an open-air museum located close to the Forum. Legend says that it was here the she-wolf adopted and looked after the twins, Remus and Romulus, who would later found Rome. During the glory days the Palatine Hill was home to noble families and Emperors who lived in magnificent palaces. Today only the ruins can be seen but you'll enjoy the stories and the views as you explore.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Roman Forum, Via della Salara Vecchia, 5/6, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.