Ancient Olympia Private Tour from Athens
This small Peloponese tour is a good opportunity to see one of the major sites of the peninsula just in one day. Visit the birthplace of the Olympic Games. Run the track on which athletes used to run in ancient times, their only prize, an olive wreath and live the experience of the place where the Olympic torch is lit.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional Drivers with Deep knowledge of history. [Not licensed to accompany you in any site.]
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Entrance Fees [12€ for over 6 yo for Non EU & 24 yo for EU Citizens]
- Airport Pick Up and drop-off (Additional cost)
- Licensed Tour guide on request (Additional cost 250€ )
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site of Olympia
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Museum of Olympia
- Entry/Admission - Museum of the Olympic Games
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Corinth 201 00 Greece
Begining with a drive along the coast, you will get the chance to see some Greek seaside villages and the island of Salamis. Salamis is where the historical naval battle took place between the Athenians and the Persians.
Our first stop of the day, the Corinth Canal. Eventually opened in 1892 separating the Peloponnese from the rest of Greece all the while connecting the Saronic Gulf to the Corinthian Sea. Having time to walk across on a pedestrian bridge and admire the canal closer, you may go bungee jumping on some days (if you’re game).
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Archaeological Site of Olympia, Archea Olympia, Olympia 27065 Greece
We will visit the archaeological site and the museum of Ancient Olympia. This is one of the largest sites in Greece, the birthplace of the Olympic Games and the Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus. Walking through the site you will pass by the Gymnasium, the Palaistra, the workshop of Phidias, the Temple of Zeus and you will end up at the Stadium where for every four years the Greeks competed for glory and for spiritual elevation honoring their cities.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Archaeological Museum of Olympia, Archaia Olympia, Olympia 27 065 Greece
The museum is also quite unique as it includes the renowned statue “Hermes of Praxiteles” with its perfect analogies and tools that belonged to Phidias himself. With the tools he created one of the seven wonders of the world “the gold ivory statue of Zeus”.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Museum of the Olympic Games, Olympia Greece
The Museum of the History of the Ancient Olympic Games hosts 463 ancient works, from the Temple of Zeus at Olympia, and other museums in the Greek territory. The exhibits cover a wide chronological range, from the 2nd millennium BC until the 5th century AD. Ancient exposed in thematic units and through them yperchilietis shows the history of the Olympic games, the longest ancient institution.
Apart from ancient art, the visitor has the possibility of detailed information through the rich visual material.
After a walking in the footsteps of ancient athletes we will take our lunch at the village.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Athens, Athens, Attica
We will drive back to Athens.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We suggest that the tour starts at 8:00 am. If for any reason this is not convenient for you we will adjust the time according to your needs.Ports
- Piraeus Port
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- The drivers are not licensed to accompany you inside any site or museum. If you require a licensed guide to tour the sites with you, you need to hire one additionally. If you have any questions you can contact us on the phone number provided by Viator.
- The duration of the tours is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions.
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Our company complies with all the health instructions of the World Health Organization about COVID-19.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.