Ancient Mycenae & Nafplion Private Day Trip With Greek Traditional Lunch
Follow in the footsteps of the ancient Greeks on a fascinating full-day trip to Mycenae and Nafplion from Athens. Traveling by private luxury car or mini van, relax as you'll drive along the beautiful Saronic Gulf. After, crossing the Corinth Canal, enter the Peloponnese to the atmospheric hilltop ruins of Mycenae, a fortified city from the second millennium BC. See the famous Lion’s Gate, Tomb of Agamemnon and Palace. Explore the historic harbor town of Nafplion and walk through the picturesque city were voukamvilia trees adorning the balconies.Take amazing photos of the Venetian Fortress of Palamidi and the fortified islet of Bourtzi. Taste Greek traditional dishes and fruitful wine.
Admire stunning Archeological Sites.
100% personalized tour.
Taste Great Traditional local cuisine.
Walk around one of the most beautiful and picturesque cities in Greece.
Private English speaking driver sharing tips.
Culinary Welcome Gift.
Taste homemade ice cream or grab a coffee at a cozy square.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Visit a cozy tavern and taste Greek delightful dishes.Try the well-known Greek “mezedes” and enjoy a good wine (1 main course p.p, appetizer, salad, drinks, included).
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation by luxury car or mini van
- Culinary Welcome Gift
- English speaking private driver sharing tips
- Coffee or delicious Ice Cream
What's excluded :
- Archaeological Site Tickets/Tour Guide (Mycenae is 12€ p.p / Theater i is 12€ p.p.)
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site Mycenae
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Corinth 201 00 Greece
Starting from Athens relax at your private luxury car or mini van and enjoy a smooth drive westwards along the scenic coast, until we reach the Corinth Canal with its breathtaking views, where you can take unique photos.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Archaeological Site Mycenae, Mycenae 21200 Greece
Entering the region of Argolis and land of Homer’s Golden Mycenae, a UNESCO'S World Heritage site. Walk uphill to visit the archaeological site, home of the mythical king Agamemnon. Enjoy a walking tour and hear all of the myths and history as you pass from the Lion’s Gate and the Royal Tombs of Agamemnon and his wife Clytemnestra and the Treasury of Atreus. Let the Cyclopean walls take your breath, and learn about the mysterious origins of this fantastic structure. Mycenae is considered the greatest and richest kingdom of the later Bronze Age around 1350 B.C. Admire the Palace and the Gold Mask of Agamemnon.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: NAFPLIO.EU, Argois 0, Nafplio 211 00, Greece
Nafplio: Arriving at Nafplio, The town was the capital of the First Hellenic Republic and of the Kingdom of Greece, from the start of the Greek Revolution in 1821 until 1834.Follow a dream trail to discover Náfplio’s precious gems starting from the medieval Old Town, the narrow cobblestone alleys, the neoclassical well preserved mansions with the Bougainvillea trees adorning their yards and balconies and the Turkish fountains. Its architecture has Venetian, Byzantine, Ottoman and, Modern Greek influences. Admire the main attractions like the Castle of Bourtzi, the Acronauplia and the Castle of Palamidi built on the top of the hill as well as the various picturesque squares in the city center.
Lunch Time: You can try the local cuisine and choose from a variety of exquisite delicacies and feel free to chat about local cuisine and traditions.
Take a coffee/ tea at local coffee shop or taste one of the best homemade ice creams.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can Pick Up From All Athens Hotels & Airbnb's. For Hotels Outside Athens Please Email Us.Airports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Piraeus Port
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.