Ancient Corinth - Wine Tasting - Kapsia Caves & Great Lunch: Private Day Tour
A unique experience of Unesco sites, off the beaten path locations, and real Greek food & drink; all carefully included in this private day tour from Athens or Nafplio. You should expect authentic food, and personalized service from your dedicated tour leader/driver.
You should also expect that we won't be wasting time with touristy stops at ceramics, etc. Should you be quick while exploring, we will add experiences for you!
• 1st quick stop at the Corinth canal that separates the Mythical Peloponnese from the mainland.
• Then, ancient Corinth site; well-known from the two letters of Saint Paul in the New Testament.
• Kapsia caves: At the heart of the Peloponnese, with its amazing colors and beautiful stalactites/stalagmites.
• Wine tasting at a great family owned winery
• Lunch & drinks! An important part of this tour; your tour leader will treat you to the best.
Optionally: Acrocorinth, the Acropolis of Ancient Corinth.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Authentic Greek lunch and drinks
- Wine Tasting is part of the tour but you pay the fees (12-15 EUR/person)
- Optional: Vegetarian lunch can be arranged in most cases. Please let us know in advance.
What's excluded :
- Tickets to the sites
- Wine tasting at 12 EUR/person
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Corinth (Archaia Korinthos)
- Entry/Admission - Kapsia Cave
- Entry/Admission - Cooperative Winery of Nemea
- Entry/Admission - Acrocorinth
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Corinth 201 00 Greece
The Corinth Canal connects the Gulf of Corinth with the Saronic Gulf in the Aegean Sea. It cuts through the narrow Isthmus of Corinth and separates the Peloponnese from the Greek mainland, arguably making the peninsula an island.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Ancient Corinth (Archaia Korinthos), Ancient Korinthos village, Corinth Greece
Ancient Corinth was inhabited in the Neolithic period (6500-3250 BC) but the big prosperity begins in the 8th century.
Corinth was a city-state on the Isthmus (canal) of Corinth, the narrow stretch of land that joins the Peloponnese to the mainland of Greece, roughly halfway between Athens and Sparta.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kapsia Cave, Mantinia 221 00, Greece
The Kapsia cave is one of the 10 most impressive caves in Greece and ranks among the top 100 that have been deemed suitable for exploitation from a total approximately 7500 nationwide.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Cooperative Winery of Nemea, 130 Papakonstantinou Av., Nemea 205 00 Greece
Wine tasting at one of the many wineries of Nemea. Approximate cost of 12-15 EUR/person.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Nemea, Nemea, Corinthia Region, Peloponnese
Authentic Greek lunch & drinks! An important part of all our tours!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Acrocorinth, Corinth 200 07, Greece
OPTIONAL: Acrocorinth, "Upper Corinth", the acropolis of ancient Corinth, is a monolithic rock overseeing the ancient city of Corinth and the Corinth gulf. It is the most impressive of the acropolis of mainland Greece. With its secure water supply, Acrocorinth's fortress was repeatedly used as a last line of defense in southern Greece because it commanded the Isthmus of Corinth, repelling foes from entry by land into the Peloponnese peninsula.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any Athens hotel or Airbnb, the Athens airport, Piraeus and Nafplio port. Possible extra cost for some locations.Airports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- OUR PERSONAL view: We implemenet all the protocols of the local authorities such as masks, sanitizing, social distancing, but most of all common logic and flexibility to adjust to each situation. We also do temperature & oxygen checks if needed. Most of all, we are in favor of "adjustive social distancing" and exploring safely in the open that will provide more freedom and safety. We can still be social while maintaining our personal space/distance and following the local rules. Please decide on your holiday with your own criteria considering your health, tolerance to risk but don't go for a holiday that is not going to be worry-free!
- PROTOCOLS in place while COVID-19 effects the world: All our tours have always been private and social distancing is easy and not new to us. Μaximum number of passengers per car/minivan is revised by the local authorities according to the epidemiological situation but being family or friends is the key to safety. Regular temperature check for staff & visitors is available. Staff required to regularly wash hands. Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas. Individual toiletries and/or hand sanitizer is available to guests & staff and required to use at every stop & departure during each day. We care about health! We expect YOU to be healthy before traveling!
- OUR GUIDES ARE LIKE FAMILY TO US: They care about our safety A LOT! Our tours are PRIVATE and already what you would call safe! We are in the open, exploring with spotless cars, sites with natural “social distancing,” non-touristy hotels & tavernas, local people & communities with “zero” cases!
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Please carry your own masks with you, and be prepared to use them when required or when you feel that will provide you with extra safety.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.