Ancient City of Wiang Kum Kam & Wat Chiang Man
This half day tour will take you to the ancient ruins of a city that vanished over 200 years ago; Wiang Kum Kam. On a horse-drawn carriage ride, discover the city's ancient temple ruins and also visit a historic temple; Wat Chiang Man. Visiting Chiang Mai's City Arts and Cultural Center will be a great opportunity to learn about the region's heritage also.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guided tour of Wiang Kum Kam's ancient, ruined temples, 3 Kings Monument, and Chiang Mai City Arts and Cultural Center
- Horse-drawn carriage ride
- Roundtrip transportation from/to Chiang Mai hotels
- Entry/Admission - Chiang Mai City Arts and Cultural Centre
What's excluded :
- Any food, drinks or snacks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wat Kuu Kham (Wat Chedi Liam) Temple, 220 Kaeonawarat Rd, Tambon Wat Ket, Chiang Mai 50000 Thailand
One of the temples in the ancient city of Wiang Kum Kam, now part of present-day Chiang Mai.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Wiang Kum Kam, Chiang Mai Thailand
Wiang Kum Kam is an historic settlement and archaeological site along the Ping River, which was built by King Mangrai the Great as his capital before he moved it to Chiang Mai.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Chiang Mai City Arts and Cultural Centre, Prapokklao Road T. Sriphum, A. Muang, Chiang Mai Thailand
The Chiang Mai City Arts and Cultural Centre is located right in the middle of the Old City, just behind the Three Kings Monument. The centre is located inside the old provincial government hall in a restored building that dates back to the 1920s. For anyone interested in the history of Chiang Mai, the Arts and Cultural Centre is full of information and history about Chiang Mai’s past.
There are many different exhibitions in the centre including photos, old artefacts, maps, and an impressive audio visual display that depicts Chiang Mai’s history from the first settlers to the modern day city. There is even a small scale replica of a traditional wooden village.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from all Chiang Mai city hotels. Surcharge will apply for pickups from Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai and Veranda High Resort Chiang Mai
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Chiang Mai City Arts and Cultural Center is closed on Mondays, however, the tour can still operate
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place. Single traveler may book this product, but is subject to availability
- Children 1 and younger are complimentary.
- Children 11 and younger must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- For Spanish, French, German, Russian speaking guide you can upgrade to a Private Tour PLUS add Supplement payment Baht 800.00 (whole party)
- Surcharge of 500-baht each way for transfers from/to Four Seasons Resort & Veranda Resort
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- I Asia Thailand has an exclusive partnership with 'Safety in Asia’. Being specialists in Health & Safety management in the hospitality industry, they will guide us on the best hygiene practices available. 'Safety in Asia' is FTO (Federation of Tour Operators) approved.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.