Ancient Capital "Mtskheta" city tour
Mtskheta is the former capital of Georgia. This trip helps you to find ancient Georgian temples and legends. This culture trip is the best choice to feel Georgian Spirit and everyday lifestyle.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jvari Church, Mtskheta Georgia
Translated as “The Monastery of the Cross”, Jvari is a 6th Century Monastery that is, coincidentally, in the shape of a cross. Jvari is a beautifully symmetrical little building and a classic of early Georgian tetraconch design. The site provides spectacular views over Mtskheta and the confluence of the Aragvi and Mtkvari. Jvari Monastery is listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, along with other historic structures in Mtskheta.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Mtskheta, Mtskheta, Mtskheta-Mtianeti Region
Mtskheta is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It has been inhabited since before 1,000 BC and was once the capital of the early Kingdom of Iberia (today’s Eastern Georgia). It was also the location where Christianity was proclaimed as the kingdom’s official religion and continues to function as the headquarters of the Georgian Orthodox Church.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, Arsukidze, Mtskheta 3300 Georgia
This extraordinary (and for its time, enormous) building dates from the 11th century, early in the golden age of Georgian church architecture. The complex includes the church, a gate, a bell tower, castles, and clerical residences. The mantles of Christ and of the Prophet Elijah are both preserved in the Svetitskhoveli Cathedral. The tombs of Tbilisi's founder, King Vakhtang Gorgasali is also inside the building. The cathedral is included on the UNESCO World Heritage Site list.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Samtavro Church, Davit Aghmashenebelis qucha, Mtskheta 383400 Georgia
Samtavro St. Nino’s Monastery was built on the place called ‘Zemo Ecclesia’ (Upper Church). The first Christian royal couple - King Mirian and Qween Nana are buried here.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.