Ancascocha Trek To Machu Picchu 4 Days And 3 Nights
The Ancascocha Trail in the Peruvian Andes is a remarkable trail that, unlike other more popular trails, remains off the beaten track and away from crowds. Yet don’t be put off by its lesser known status.
Named by National Geographic as one of 20 dream hikes on their World Best Hikes list, this stunning trek takes you past ancient Inca ruins and through traditional Andean villages such as Chillipahua and the trail’s namesake Ancascocha (3,700 m/12,136 ft).
Here you may briefly share the trail with farmers, shepherds and their livestock tending to their daily lives, so far removed from the tourist crowds of Cusco.
per adult from
What's included :
- 3 nights accommodation
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Afternoon tea
- Bottled water
- Dinner - Buffet dinner
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Local guide
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
After meeting you at your hotel, we drive 1h 45m to Soqma (10,512 ft). This is the starting point of our trek. The hike begins with a 2 hour walk to the Perolniyoc cascade lookout. The waterfall is breathtaking! Then, hiking for a further 45 minutes we visit the Inca site of the same name. Perched on a cliff-top with spectacular views of the surrounding valley, your guide will share some of the history of the site and you will be free to wander through the ruins.
Next we make a steep ascent for around an hour to reach our lunch spot, Rayan (12,139 ft). Here you will sample for the first time the incredible culinary skills of your chef.
The afternoon begins with a challenging 3 hour uphill hike to reach the Kuychiccasa pass (14,599 ft). Passing the rustic houses of the farmers, at every turn you will see sumptuous views of the snow-capped peaks of the ‘Nevadas’, and llamas.
As we reach the top of the pass we take a break to soak in the magnificent views of the Chancachuco Valley. From here it is an easy 45 minute downhill to reach our camp at the Chancachuco Valley (14,147 ft).
Here, with the campsite already prepared when you arrive, you can change into warmer clothing.
• Perolniyoq Waterfall, Apv- Tipon-n11, Ollantaytambo Peru
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up will be from any hotels in Cusco only.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.