An amazing walking tour of Art Nouveau town Alesund
Alesund is one of the most beautiful cities in Norway. After a fire destroyed the city in 1904 it was rebuilt in Art Nouveau. The best way to explore this part of the city is on foot and your local guide will tell you everything about the history of this place.
Your guide will pick you up from your hotel or from your cruise ship.
You will have a guided tour of the city center.
After the tour, your guide will help you to call a taxi back if needed.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional licensed guide
- All fees and taxes
- Entry/Admission - Aksla Mountain
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alesund, Norway
Ålesund is a port town on the west coast of Norway, at the entrance to the Geirangerfjord. It’s known for the art nouveau architectural style in which most of the town was rebuilt after a fire in 1904, as documented at the Jugendstilsenteret museum. There are panoramic views of Ålesund’s architecture, the surrounding archipelago and fjords from the Mount Aksla lookout.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Aksla Mountain, Alesund 6002 Norway
When you're done with all that exploring, take a walk up the 418 steps to the top of Mount Aksla for an unforgettable panoramic view of the city below, an awesome sight and one of the top free things to do in Ålesund day or night. Part of beautiful Ålesund Town Park, the stairs and grounds were laid out in 1885 by a local gardener, who drew inspiration from the area's topography.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Molja Lighthouse, Molovegen 7, 6004 Ålesund, Norway
For more than 150 years, the lighthouse Molja has shown the way for boats entering the harbour of Ålesund. The lighthouse now contains a comfortable and brand new hotel room, accessible through the Hotel Brosundet.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Port of Alesund, Keiser Wilhelms gate 6, 6003 Ålesund, Norway
- Cruise Ship Dock, Skansekaia 4b, 6002 Ålesund, Norway
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.