Amsterdam Highlights & Zaanse Schans Private Tour
Enjoy a day trip from Amsterdam to the picturesque Zaanse Schans village including traditional Dutch sights at their best – from cheese tasting to windmills and more.
• Zaanse Schans Windmill Village
• During the flower season April - May, the polders are beautifully colored with flower fields
• Unique Dutch landscape - polders & canals
• Dutch cheese tasting
• Windmill visit
• Clog making workshop
• Visit to a local cheese farm
• Panoramic countryside drive through Polder de Beemster
• Amsterdam sightseeing tour
• Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional tour guide for 6 hrs
- Please choose your language: English, German
- Comfortable A/C vehicle for 6 hrs
- Professional driver services
- Panoramic tour of Amsterdam
- Visit of Zaanse Schans Windmill Village
- Windmill visit
- Dutch cheese tasting & wooden shoe workshop
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
- Entry/Admission - Zaanse Schans
- Entry/Admission - Catharina Hoeve Cheese Farm
What's excluded :
- Meal and drinks
- Any other admissions/donations
- Other languages are available on request. A surcharge might apply. Please inquire with our managers.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zaanse Schans, Schansend 1, 1509 AW Zaandam The Netherlands
Meet your guide and driver outside the hotel.
Our escapade to wind, cheese and clogs starts with a wonderful scenic countryside drive out of Amsterdam over the typically Dutch landscape of polders.
The windmill village Zaanse Schans is an open air museum that houses a collection of working windmills, wooden houses, barns and shops dating back to the 18th and 19th century. The Zaanse Schans is one of the popular tourist attractions of the Netherlands. It houses seven museums: The Weavers House, the Cooperage, the Jisper House, Zaan Time Museum, Albert Heijn Museumshop, Bakery Museum.
Once by the green facades of Zaanse Schans windmill village, we will observe a clog-makers workshop and visit a working windmill.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Catharina Hoeve Cheese Farm, Zeilenmakerspad 5, 1509 BZ Zaandam The Netherlands
Amsterdam and its surroundings preserved the centuries-old tradition of cheesemaking. Every day these cows are being milked twice, and every morning, the farmer starts the production of cheese using the milk of the previous evening and from the early morning. There, you will watch and learn how the milk turns into cheese, then taste some already-made cheese.
After some free time enjoying the charming riverside setting, we will make our way back to the Dutch capital city.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Herengracht, Amsterdam The Netherlands
As we return to Amsterdam, we will discover the historical canal belt and town center full of culture and stunning architecture.
Amsterdam has more than one hundred kilometers of canals, about 90 islands and 1,500 bridges. The three main canals, Herengracht, Prinsengracht, and Keizersgracht, dug in the 17th century during the Dutch Golden Age, form concentric belts around the city, known as the Grachtengordel. The most exciting feature of the canals are the houseboats. By origin houseboats were a way to deal with the Amsterdam housing shortage, however, nowadays they are still in high demand. Some of the houseboats once were cargo vessels and are now converted into houseboats, other boats were built specifically for this purpose. In Amsterdam you find these houseboats along the canals and the Amstel river and in the former Amsterdam docklands.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Dam Square, Amsterdam The Netherlands
Dam Square is a town square in Amsterdam. Its notable buildings and frequent events make it one of the most well-known and important locations in the city and the country. On the west end of the square is the Royal Palace, formerly a city hall. Beside it are the 15th-century Gothic Nieuwe Kerk (New Church) and the Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum. The National Monument, a white stone pillar erected in 1956 to memorialize the victims of World War II, can be found on the opposite side of the square. Also overlooking the plaza is the upscale department store De Bijenkorf. These various attractions have turned the Dam into a tourist zone.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Centraal Station, Stationsplein 9, 1012 AB Amsterdam The Netherlands
We will pass the many museums at the museum district and experience the unique atmosphere of Amsterdam before returning to your hotel or cruise port.
Amsterdam Centraal is the largest railway station of Amsterdam. It was designed by Dutch architect Pierre Cuypers, who is also known for his design of the Rijksmuseum, and first opened in 1889. It features a Gothic/Renaissance Revival style building and a cast iron platform roof spanning approximately 40 metres. It's the main transportation hub of the city, linking the railway, the metro of Amsterdam and the city buses.
The tour ends with a return transfer to your cruise ship.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up from cruise ship/hotel of Amsterdam.Ports
- Cruise Port of Amsterdam
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- NOT suitable for people with limited walking ability and wheelchair users.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.