Amritsar Wagah Border Tour
In the late afternoon travel to
Wagah Border to watch the lowering of the
flags ceremony at the Attari-Wagah border which is a daily military practice that the security forces of India(Border Security Force, BSF) and Pakistan (Pakistan Rangers) have jointly followed
since 1959. The drill is characterized by elaborate and rapid dancelike manoeuvres and raising legs as high as possible, which have been described as "colourful". It is alternatively a symbol of the two countries’ rivalry, as well as brotherhood and cooperation between the two nations.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Wagah Border
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Attari-Wagah Border Attari, Amritsar 143001 India
Wagah Border marked at a distance of about 29 Km from Amritsar. where you can watch the entire Indo-Pak parade ceremony.
The flag down ceremony often starts before sunset time (around 4:30 pm in winters and 5:30 pm in summers). As soon as the time of the ceremony is about to come the sound of cheerful patriotic songs and calling out ‘Bharat Mata ki Jai’ and ‘Vande Matram’ starts loudly. Soldiers from both the sides start an extremely fast parade towards the border gate, as soon as the heavy gates about 2 meters aside from both the sides, the infantryman opens the door and both the soldiers come closer, swap ferocious glimpse and aped threat. They handshake with each other and start lowering the flags at this point entire crowd will become silent and the only sound which we hear is the sound of the soldier’s boot.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Amritsar, Amritsar, Amritsar District, Punjab
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Let’s go and make a
- tour to Wagah Border
- which will fills you with energy and excitement, you may feel some level of patriotism
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.