Amritsar Heritage Bicycle Tour
Our classic, easy-paced guided tour through an ancient palace, heritage streets, narrow bylanes and some of the oldest neighborhoods deep inside the walled city of Amritsar which are best explored either on foot or with our bicycles. Ride through the narrow winding streets with squares, buildings with domes and chattris that are indicative of the influence of the Islamic and Rajputana style of architecture.
Explore some of the lesser-known hidden gems of the city with old temples, akharas, and arguably the first-ever Amritsar Shopping Mall before malls became cool. Taste & learn the traditional ways of preparing some of Amritsar’s most popular breakfast items, street food, and sweets.
per adult from
210 to 300 minutes
What's included :
- English speaking guide as tour leader
- Quality bicycles and required safety gears - vest and helmet
- Local street food tasting
- Traditional breakfast
- Sharing of pictures taken by tour leaders
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: City On Pedals, Ram Bagh Gate, Amritsar India
Stop At: Company Bagh, Mall Road, Amritsar India
A brief stop at the Summer Palace of Maharaja Ranjit Singh
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Khair-ud-Din Masjid, Hall Bazaar, Amritsar India
Appreciate the beauty of this mosque, hidden beneath the hustle and bustle of the main bazaar of Amritsar
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: The Partition Museum, Town Hall, Amritsar 5 minute walk from Golden Temple, Amritsar 143001 India
A brief stop outside the Partition Museum. Please note that we do not go inside the museum
Departure Point :City On Pedals - Guided Walking, Bicycle and Food Tours, Ram Bagh Gate, Ram Bagh Chowk, opposite Police Station, Hall Bazar, Katra Ahluwalia, Amritsar, Punjab 143001, India
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- ■ Important information for bicycle tours
- The minimum age for riding the bicycle is 10 years
- Guest must be able to ride a bike, no training is provided
- Strongly advised to wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Strongly advised not to wear expensive clothing or accessories
- Not recommended for pregnant women & participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- ■ Other important information
- We provide tours in English, Hindi, and Punjabi. Tours in other languages may be offered upon request
- Strongly advised to wear clothing covering full arms and legs as it is mandatory for entering most of the religious places
- Recommended not to bring anything heavy with you for smoother and enjoyable tour. However, you may bring your phones, pocket cameras and some money (in case you would like to buy something on the way)
- Recommended to leave all other personal belongings at your current place of stay
- Operates in all weather conditions except rains. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please note that the street food and meals may not conform to recommended national or international standards of hygiene
- Please advise any specific requirements at the time of booking. Eg, allergies in food items, etc
- Recommended to use the toilets before joining for the tour
- Required to accept the conditions mentioned in the WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIM page on our website
- ■ Safety
- We take safety seriously. Our quality bicycles are regularly checked, well-maintained, comfortable and carefully chosen for riding in Amritsar. Our tried and tested routes are designed to avoid high-traffic lanes and our tour moves at a comfortable pace so that everyone can enjoy the whole experience.
- ■ Requirements
- Guest must be able to ride a bicycle. No training is provided except how to control breaks & gears.
- ■ Rickshaw mode
- For those who prefer not to cycle, an e-rickshaw can be arranged at an additional price of ₹ 650 ( Max 4 participants).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.