Amman-Desert Castles & Azraq Wetland Reserve-Amman
I'm Ala'a Al-Shareef, is knowledgeable and motivated individual with years of experience in organizing tours in several areas in jordan; he has the ability to motivate different sets of audience and the ability to communicate effectively and possesses high degree of energy and enthusiasm.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Enjoy our complimentary water and wifi.
What's excluded :
- Jordan's Umayyad desert castles are beautiful examples of early Islamic art and architecture and stand testament to a fascinating era in the country's rich history. Take a private half-day tour and delve deep into the history of Jordan under the expertise of a professional and knowledgeable driver. The structures are called castles because of their imposing stature. The desert complexes once served various purposes as caravan stations, agriculture and trade centers, resort pavilions, and outposts that helped distant rulers forge ties with local Bedouins. Inside the castles, early Islamic art can be found. The fine mosaics, frescoes, stone and stucco carvings are inspired by the best in Persian and Greco-Roman traditions and reveal to us countless stories of the life as it was during the 8th Century.
AZRAQ WETLAND RESERVE
The wetlands were created some 250,000 years ago as a result of being fed by aquifers that corresponded with geological changes
Departure Point :Amman, Jordan
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.