Amazing Half-Day Wine Tour near Madrid - Rated 'Unique and Personalized'
The half-day tour near Madrid is wonderful for wine lovers wishing to learn a bit more about Spanish wines while enjoying a gorgeous vineyard setting. We will discover two family-owned wineries producing artisan and top-quality wines within the Designation of Origin “Vinos de Madrid”. We will be able to meet the winemaker and/or members of the families at each winery to have a chat with them about their wines, which have been awarded prizes over the last years.
You will learn how wines are made; the grape varieties growing in the area and their specificities; the particular terroir where vines grow and the winemaking techniques used; followed by a delicious wine tasting pairing fabulous tapas and top-quality wines at each of the wineries.
You will be guided by Jimena, a highly experienced wine and heritage expert and really passionate about wines!
Please note that the visit to the second winery will be subject to a total booking of at least 4 people on that day.
per adult from
What's included :
- A guided-visit of the vineyard and the winery
- Explanation about the winemaking techniques
- Wine tasting of 3 wines at each winery paired with delicious tapas
- Guided visits by a highly experienced wine & heritage expert
- Transportation in a comfortable car or mini-van with air conditioning from Madrid central area
- Complementary water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Bodega Ecológica Andrés Morate
- Entry/Admission - Bodegas Jesus Diaz e Hijos
What's excluded :
- Additional food or drinks throughout the day
- Any other item not specified in the “price includes” section
- Tips for your guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plaza de la Lealtad, Paseo del Prado Opposite Madrid Stock Exchange & Ritz Hotel, 28014 Madrid Spain
We will be meeting near the Prado Museum at the entrance of Restaurante Comala, Plaza de la Lealtad, 3 (28014 Madrid) at 10:00 am (please be 5 minutes in advance) to start our 45 minutes ride to the first winery in a comfortable car or minivan.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Bodega Ecológica Andrés Morate, Calle Espíritu Santo, s/n, 28390 Belmonte de Tajo, Madrid, Spain
We will start our wonderful wine experience by visiting one of the vineyards belonging to the winery where we will meet the winemaker. You will experience first-hand how vines are grown (the grape-growing techniques) and the specificities of the climate and the terroir and how they affect the grape varieties growing in the area. A really interesting and informative explanation followed by a short walk in the vineyard.
We will then head to the winery (5 minutes away) in order to visit the premises and get useful insights about the winemaking process for each of the wines: the alcoholic fermentation, the ageing system and their classification in Spain according to the wine region and the ageing characteristics. This is a family-owned winery; you will meet and be greeted by members of the family, all very genuine and passionate about what they do!
Here we will do the first wine tasting, outdoors, weather permitting, and you will taste 3 fabulous wines with tapas.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bodegas Jesus Diaz e Hijos, Calle Convento 38, 28380 Colmenar de Oreja Spain
We will then head to the second winery, where we will discover the history of an ancient winemaking style, based on fermenting the wines in clay pots.
After this, you will enjoy a wonderful wine tasting of 3 wines paired with tapas. You will obtain valuable tips about how to taste the wines, as well as some wine tasting descriptors to enjoy the wine tasting experience to the fullest!
We only do very small groups to ensure the genuineness of the experience, a high-quality standard and a really personalized tour. This will be a memorable wine experience for you to remember as a highlight from your trip to Spain as our customers have already rated us!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Plató Restaurante | Cocina Fusión Madrid, 28014, Plaza de la Lealtad, 3, 28014 Madrid, Spain
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This tour requires a minimum or 3 people having booked it in order to take place. If this is not the case, you will be offered an alternative date or you will receive a full refund.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.