Amazing Castles of Transylvania Day Trip from Bucharest
Discover the beauty of Romania’s stunning castles and landscapes on a scenic one day trip from Bucharest to Transylvania. Visit three top attractions in Romania: the royal Peles Castle, the medieval town of Brasov and the mysterious Bran Castle with a local guide. This way you will get insight into all the interesting stories and legends related to these places.
per adult from
9 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Professional guide inside the attractions
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Peles Castle
- Entry/Admission - Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Peles Castle, Str. Pelesului 2, Sinaia 106100 Romania
Firstly, your day trip from Bucharest begins with the Peles Castle (inside visit) from the mountain resort of Sinaia. This German style castle was built as a summer residence for Romania’s first king. Set in a scenic landscape at the foot of the Carpathian Mountains the castle is surrounded by lush forests. Explore the treasures hidden inside one of Europe’s finest castles while also discovering the fascinating tales about Romania’s royal family.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle), Str. General Traian Mosoiu nr. 24, Bran 507025 Romania
Standing atop a cliff, this imposing medieval structure was used for centuries as a fortress and customs point between the regions of Transylvania and Wallachia. Significantly, the castle was home during the Middle Ages to Vlad the Impaler. Since Vlad was a cruel 15th century ruler from Wallachia, he was the main inspiration for the vampire in the novel “Dracula”. That is why the steep towers, winding narrow passages and staircases here create an atmosphere of mystery.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Brasov, Brasov, Brasov County, Central Romania, Transylvania
Enjoy the splendid Transylvanian city of Brasov with its well-kept medieval old town. While here you will have a walking tour in the historical center with its defending walls, watch tower and the narrow cobblestone streets lined up with centuries old houses. Besides this, you will admire one of the largest churches in Europe – the Gothic Black Church built in the 14th century by German settlers.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Aleea Dealul Mitropoliei, București, Romania
Traveler pickup is offered
There could be situations in which piking up cannot be done, but you will be informed when you book.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.