Amalfi Coast Weekend Trip
Head south to Italy’s #1 beach destination! Boat around the island of Capri, sip limoncello, and show off your new handmade sandals before breaking out your best dance moves in bustling downtown Sorrento. Bronze in Positano on the black sand beach and cruise along the coast via private boat cruise with a stop at a secluded beach. Finally, explore the ruins of Pompeii while admiring Mt. Vesuvius. Only Bus2alps includes your ferry to Capri, boat tour of the island, transportation to Positano and Pompeii. With us you can be sure that this will be your most brag-worthy weekend in Europe!
per adult from
What's included :
- Round trip luxury coach transport (with A/C, DVD & Bathroom) Accommodation with your friends at top-rated accommodations Breakfast Private boat cruise with included light lunch to and from Positano with a stop at secluded beach along the way Please note: The boat cruise to Positano is weather dependent. If the weather does not permit for the boat cruise, we will take private bus transfers to Positano Ferry to the island of Capri with a private island boat cruise (with an optional stop at the Blue Grotto) Please note: The stop at the Blue Grotto is weather dependent. If water conditions do not permit access to the Blue Grotto, we will continue along the private island tour. Private transport to Pompeii Exclusive Bus2alps discounts everywhere A Bus2alps trip leader
What's excluded :
- Entrance into the Blue Grotto
- DAY 1
The trip departs Florence from the Santa Maria Novella train station.
We depart for the port where we board the ferry and set sail for Capri. Upon arrival, we begin our private island tour. First stop is the Blue Grotto, where you will be transferred directly from our boat into small row boats that will bring you into the grotto (weather permitting). We will then continue around the island to check out more sights finishing at Marina Grande. Your trip leader will then walk you up to Capri Town. Our private transport will then bring us further up to Anacapri, the highest part of the island, where we will be welcomed with a free chocolate and limoncello tasting. You will have the remainder of the afternoon free. We suggest riding the chairlift to the top of Mt. Solaro to get a breathtaking 360 degree view of the island, grabbing a unique pair of custom made sandals, and having a scrumptious lunch at Bus2alps’ favorite place in Anacapri, Le Arcate. You also have the option of checking out the rest of the island or hanging out on the beach down by Marina Grande. The ferry departs from Marina Grande.
Friday morning we depart by private boat cruise to Positano. The boat cruise comes with an included lunch and is equipped with a bar to purchase beverages. Your guides will take music requests all morning long. The private boat cruise will stop at a secluded beach for swimming and photos before ending in colorful Positano for the afternoon.
You will then spend the afternoon relaxing on the beach, swimming in the sparkling blue waters, and browsing the many shops of Positano, a town known for its ceramics and lace! It is also possible to rent a boat, kayaks, or stand-up paddleboards while there (availability based on the season & weather). Late in the afternoon, our private boat will take you back to your accommodation in Sorrento. Please note: The Positano boat cruise is weather dependent. If the weather does not permit for the boat cruise, we will take private bus transfers to Positano.
Friday night we organize optional dinners in downtown Sorrento at excellent restaurants with extensive menus of local specialties at great prices. Afterwards, we can head to the English Inn, an outdoor beer garden with drink specials for Bus2alps members.
Sunday morning we depart for Pompeii. Bus2alps has an optional 1.5 hour guided tour of the ruins. The guides do an amazing job of painting an excellent picture of life in Pompeii during the Roman era in a fun and relatable way. The guided tour is highly recommended. You can also enter without a guide and see the ruins on your own. There will also be enough time for lunch. We suggest eating at our favorite spot, Pompeii Pizza, for a delicious brick oven cooked pizza at a great price. We depart Pompeii to return to Florence.
Departure Point :The trip departs Florence from the Santa Maria Novella train station. The meeting point is in the International Ticketing Hall opposite tracks 8 and 9. Please meet your trip leader 20 minutes prior to departure.
Departure Time :7:30 PM
Return Detail :Piazza della Stazione, 1, 50123 Florence
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 300 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.