Alternative Loch Ness Tour by Secret Highlands
Travelling with Secret Highlands will allow you the time and space to really take in our beautiful landscape, There's no other tour that offers these stops so this is a unique chance to explore the Highlands around Inverness as well as taste some of the best baking and awesome venison burgers on offer!
With our small groups of no more than 6, in our VW Caravelle, you will be able to really submerse yourself in the nature and scenery, making your day feel special and set out just for you!
If you want to experience the plunge pool at Plodda, please let me know so I can make sure you have a towel and I can advise on what you should take!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Lunch - Depending on when you plan to travel, lunch will either be served at the Old Post Office Cafe or a pre-prepared picnic will be supplied, inc. tea & coffee. Full details provided at the time of booking
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Loch Ness, Scotland
Our first stop will be overlooking the magnificent Loch Ness and the ruins of Urquhart Castle. We will stop here for about 10 - 15 mins for some photos and to learn about some of the amazing facts and legends that the loch is renowned for.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Corrimony Chambered Cairn, National Grid Reference: 26, NH 383 303 Glen Urquart, 8.5m West of Drumnadrochit off the A831, Drumnadrochit IV63 6TJ Scotland
Before we reach Glen Affric, you will take a small detour to the 4,000 year old chambered burial cairn at Corrimony. This is one of the best preserved cairns on the mainland of Scotland, so a great opportunity to glimpse into the ancient past and learn about the culture and customs of these mysterious people.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Plodda Falls, Tomich Scotland
We will head back down the single track road and across to the other side of the glen to take in Plodda falls - Scotland's 2nd tallest waterfalls, it is a short walk to the bottom, where, if you are feeling adventurous, you can jump in to the plunge pool for a swim!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Beauly Priory, Beauly IV4 7DY Beauly IV4, Beauly Scotland
Our next stop will be in Beauly where you will be able to explore this pretty village and it's ruined priory, one of only 3 that we were built in Scotland.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Glen Affric National Nature Reserve, Cannich Scotland
We then turn inland and on to what many people consider to be Scotland's most beautiful glen - Glen Affric is home to some of Scotland's original and ancient Pines, (known as granny Pines) as well as Red and Roe Deer, Ospreys, Squirrels and and a whole host of animal life. We will stay here for about 1 hour to allow you to take in the breathtaking scenery and take in one of the short walks along the river.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
For Cruise excursions from Ullapool or Invergordon, we will confirm exact locations for pick up 24 hours prior to departure. We will also confirm actual starting times depending on your individual disembarkation and boarding times.Ports
- Cromarty Firth Port Authority, Invergordon, UK, Port Office, Shore Rd, Invergordon IV18 0HD, UK
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Unfortunately, we cannot take children under 12 years old
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.