Alternative City Tour with Navy Museum, Beer Street and Zhongshan Park
The Alternative City Tour is ideal for the tourist who wishes to experience something different and unique, to see other parts of the city many other tours miss out - we think they are definitely worth checking out.
The tour mixes a visit to the Chinese Navy Museum, giving you an opportunity to board a Navy Ship and Submarine. It also combines some Qingdao history with a visit to the Tsingdao Beer Museum. Lunch will follow on the famous beer street, packed with fresh seafood restaurants and wonders.
The final stop includes a visit to Qingdao’s largest temple - Zhanshan Temple, before a visit to Qingdao’s largest and oldest park - Zhongshan Park, along with an visit to the top of Qingdao TV Tower to get a full 360 panoramic view of new and old Qingdao.
Ideal for the tourist who wants to see something different, with an interesting mix of tourist sites.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Tour with Guide
- Transport Service between sites - Private Driver
- 2 x 125ml Beer tasters
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meals as identified in the itinerary (lunch)
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- Any additional trips/excursions not listed
- This private 7 hour tour focuses on visiting some of Qingdao’s unknown and undiscovered gems, such has visiting Qingdao’s biggest and oldest park – Zhongshan Park, along with Qingdao’d largest Temple - Zhanshan Temple. This tour no doubt appeals to those who wish to see something different to the usual, that’s why we include the Chinese Naval Museum and lunch on the famed Beer Street.
A experienced tour guide will arrange to meet you for collection at your centrally located accommodation at 09.00 am, to begin the days adventure.
The first stop is the Chinese Naval Museum which offers an insight into the Chinese Navy and its developments in the recent decades. No doubt this will appeal to military buffs but also for those who are seeking to experience something different. The museums host numerous exhibitions incl. weapons and uniform, and houses an actual Battleship and Submarine, which are both possible to explore (subject to maintenance work).
We include the Beer Museum trip into our tour has this is often very popular, and who can say no to a free taster of the freshest Tsingtao Beer. The visit includes a tour of the museum which tells the story of its long history and how it becomes China's number one beer. The visit will take around 1 hour 15 minutes and has plenty of English signage.
Near the Museum lies the famous Beer Street where we lunch for approx 1 hour. Here you’ll find dozens of restaurants serving fresh Shandong cuisine including numerous seafood options. Bags of Beer are indeed sold here and are a cultural feature only within Qingdao!
After a full stomach we will aim for Zhongshan Park – Qingdao’s largest park where we will visit Zhanshan Temple and the famed TV Tower. The temple is Qingdao’s largest Buddhist Temple, home to numerous halls to visit - has this is a Buddhist Temple, we do advise to dress appropriately (covered shoulders, no small shorts) .
We will then walk/drive to the top of Zhongshun Park to visit TV Tower – and take the lift to the top of the 232-meter tower for glorious panoramic views of Qingdao city, giving you the perfect selfie moment. The vantage point overlooks Old and New Town Qingdao and gives you a perfect contrast of the development of Qingdao. We will then walk to the base of the hill through Zhongshan Park to enjoy the peace and tranquility, and the numerous flora on show. Its home to plants and flowers from all around the world.
The driver will meet us at the entrance to return you back to your centrally located hotel.
Departure Point :Your centrally located hotel within Qingdao
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and not allowed the free beer tasters
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Travel times may vary due to local traffic conditions
- Please inform us if you have time constraints so we can modify tour if needed
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.