Altai Tavan Bogd Mixed Tour
In the far western corner of Mongolia lie the Altai Mountains, a stunningly beautiful region of snow capped peaks, immense glaciers and large alpine lakes. We explore the region on foot, on horse and by 4-wheel drive Russian vans. Spend 7 days in the National Park. Visiting an eagle hunter, The highest mountain of Mongolia Altai Tavan Bogd (Khuiten peak), pristine Khoton Khurgan lakes and the nomadic culture, horse trek and trekkings are the highlights of the tour. Our guide and local crew would serve the best to make your holiday as the most memorable time of your life! In addition, you have chance to customize your itinerary to meet your specific interests.
per adult from
What's included :
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- English speaking local guide
- Accommodations (including ger camps and tents)
- All meals included
- Military permit & National Park fees
- All camping gear, including Dinning tent, Camping tents, tables and chairs etc.
- Horses for riding.
- Transport including pack horses and camels to carry gear
- Airport transfers to and from group flights
- Camp Crew
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- International airfare,
- domestic RT airfare,
- airport departure taxes,
- any meals not specified in full itinerary,
- any additional hotel/ ger camp nights that may be necessary due to domestic airline schedule changes or other factors,
- pre-trip expenses of medical immunizations,
- visa fees,
- travel insurance,
- and other expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc)
- itinerary at a glance:
Day 1: Ulgii city.
Come to Ulgii city and meet our guide and driver. Transfer to the hotel/ger camp and have a lunch.Visit the local museum of Ulgii town with comprenhensive information of flora and fauna of Bayan Ulgii aimag as well as it colourfull traditional costumes.
Day 2: Altai Tavan Bogd Ranger station
We would start our trip heading West by 4x4 jeeps. On the way you have chance to see remote mountain country, when crossing big passes. Along the way we marvel at the Yamaat petroglyphs, visit a kazakh Eagle hunter Overnight in tent.
Day3- Altai Tavan Bogd Base Camp.
This is where our trek begins. After a big western style breakfast, you will get prepared for the trek while our camel crew loads up our camels. We would cross a few rivers as we follow a trail to Altai Tavan Bogd (ATB) Base camp. We trek for 12 km today to the Park Base camp at the foot of the magnificent Glaciers. Overnight in tent
Day 4- Tsagaan gol
we will trek to Tsagaan gol valley following the white glacier river and beautiful deep canyons. we would visit a local Tuvan family. This very little population of Tuvan people are keeping their old tradition as it was.
Day 5 – Khoton Khurgan Lakes
Today we are going to drive to the southern part of ATB NPark which is one of the most beautiful place in Mongolia. This is the region where the Khoton and Khurgan lakes are. On the way to the destination we would stop in Mogoit valley to see the ancient stone man. We would set up our camp on lake shore of Khoton lake, on the back a beautiful snow caped mountain range which has the border line on top. By evening we would visit local Kazakh family and observe the local nomadic life.
Day 6- Horse riding day
We gonna ride horse, after a little riding lesson you would saddle up on your horses. Comparing to the western horses, Mongolian horses are very easy to control. We would ride 16km along lake shore, on some places through forest. We would cross some smaller and a bigger river on horse back. Our crew would set up the camp for us on a beautiful spot facing to the lake. This is going to be the last camping night on this remote corner of Mongolia.
Day 7- Ulgii camp
Today we will be heading to Ulgii following the Khovd river downhill. On the way we will stop in Tsengel Soum which is a small village center. After driving a full day we will get to Ulgii camp. In the evening we will make a small celebration at the camp.
Day 8 – Departure to UB or the options
• Get Transferred to the airport and fly 4hrs to Ulaanbaatar.
• We could support by transport to go to Khovd or to UVS (Ulaangom)
Departure Point :We would pick up you from Ulgii airport and tours starts right at there.
Departure Time :
Return Detail :We would drop you at the hotel where you want to stay.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.