ALONG ROME'S EMPIRE ROADS-English Speaking Driver-Ostia Antica 2 hr Private tour
Drive Along Two ancient Roman roads, still used in modern day: Via Ostiensis (modern day name Via Ostiense), and Via Appia (the ancient portion of the road known as Ancient Appian Way). Both Roman roads take you from Rome to some incredible places that you will discover during this exciting Tour!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Deluxe Mercedes Vehicle with English Speaking Driver
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Ostia Antica 2 hour Private Walking Tour with English Speaking Private Tour Guide
What's excluded :
- Private Tour Guide / Walking Tour
- Entrance Tickets to any site
- Entry/Admission - Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica
- Entry/Admission - Catacombs of Saint Callixtus
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basilica Papale San Paolo Fuori le Mura, Piazzale di San Paolo 1, 00146 Rome Italy
along the via ostiensis, on our way to Ostia antica
second largest basilica
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica, Viale Dei Romagnoli 717, 00119 Ostia Antica Italy
Visit an incredible well-preserved ancient Roman city, Ostia Antica (the Ancient Ostia), founded in the 4th century BC.
A relaxing exploration through the Archeological Park, Walking down the main street, the Decumanus Maximus, you will see pagan temples, ancient apartment buildings, groceries, baths, theaters, intact mosaics and enjoy the view of the Amphitheater.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Parco Regionale dell'Appia Antica, Via Appia Antica, 60, 00178 Rome Italy
The Ancient Appian Way "The Queen of the Long Roads", is an impressively well preserved ancient Roma road, offering an overall idea of what the roman roads used to be like
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Catacombs of Saint Callixtus, Via Appia Antica 110, 00179 Rome Italy
Founded at the end of the 2nd century and named after Pope Calixtus I, They were the official cemetery of the Church of Rome, Around half a million Christians were buried here and also 16 Popes!
Your admission tickets (not included - that you will buy on site, upon arrival) includes a group guided tour.
The underground cemetery includes several areas. The area of the Popes is the most important and venerated crypt of the cemetery, called "the little Vatican" as it was the official burial place of some popes.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your English Speaking Driver will meet you at 9 am in the lobby of your Rome's Hotel, or in front of the main entrance of your Rome's Accomodation. Please provide us full address of your Rome's Hotel/Accomodation.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.