Alnwick Castle, the Northumberland Coast & the Borders Day Tour from Edinburgh
Explore the stunning scenery of the Scottish Borders on this full-day tour of Kelso, Alnwick Castle and Berwick. Head to the pretty border town of Kelso and soak up the atmosphere in the large market square. Visit the ruins of Kelso Abbey, then cross the border and travel on to Alnwick Castle, the setting for Hogwarts Academy in the Harry Potter movie series. Continue onward along the Northumberland coast to the walled town of Berwick-upon-Tweed. All entrance fees at your own expense.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by top of the range Mercedes 16-seat mini-coach
- Small group tour (max 16 people)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Admission Fees (Alnwick Castle)
- Entry/Admission - Kelso Abbey
- Entry/Admission - Alnwick Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rabbie's Cafe Bar, 6 Waterloo Pl, Edinburgh EH1 3EG, UK
Meet here for boarding 15 mins before the published departure time.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Kelso Abbey, Kelso Scotland
A ruined abbey, a stunning, cobbled town square, and beautiful boutique shops.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Alnwick Castle, Alnwick NE66 1NQ England
This gorgeous castle was used as a set for both Harry Potter and Downton Abbey.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: The Northumberland Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Seahouses NE66 3ED England
This captivating coastline is designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Rabbie's Cafe Bar, 6 Waterloo Pl, Edinburgh EH1 3EG, UK
Departure Time :8:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Min. age 5 years old. We do not accept children under the age of 5 years.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Check in closes 15 minutes prior to departure
- In order to retain the integrity of the tour and try to ensure that all our customers have the best possible experience, we do cap bookings from any one party to 8 passengers.
- For your optional Alnwick Castle ticket you must reserve your time slot in advance. Please use the link printed on your voucher.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- • Face coverings are mandatory and must always be worn. • Infrared thermometer temperature check during check-in for tour. Passengers with temperature readings above 38 degrees will not be able to travel for health and safety reasons. • Simple Covid-19 health questionnaire upon arrival.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.