Ally Jape Historical Stone Town Walk
It's fascinating to explore historic Stone Town - a UNESCO World Heritage Site - but it's easy to lose your way in the area's maze-like, narrow streets. To stay oriented and ensure you don't miss key highlights, join a private guide ( Ally Jape or one of his team guides ) with deep knowledge of local history, cultural heritage and architecture. It's fully personalized to your preferences, whether you're shopping for local textiles, interested in history, knowing about everyday life, or learning about Stone Town's unique architecture!
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Entrance fees/tickets to the old slave market site
- Professional tour guide
- Pick up from Stone town hotels: (Please request and send us a message in advance)
What's excluded :
- Transfers from other parts of the island (tour starts in Stone Town)
- Food and Drinks
- Tips/Gratuities for the guide
- Any cost of personal nature
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Stone Town, Zanzibar City Tanzania
This tour will give you an excellent way of familiarizing yourself with Stone Town’s geography, history, architecture and culture. This fascinating excursion leads you through a maze of narrow streets that boasts more than 2000 limestone buildings, covering an area of 50 hectares and with a population of 18000 living in the suburbs. With its defined and overlapping African, Arab, Indian, Persian and European elements, it was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2000.
Zanzibar and Stone Town are truly cosmopolitan. After a visit to the Anglican Cathedral (former slave market), House of Wonders (national museum), Palace museum, the Old Fort, Darajani market, Hamamni Baths, Catholic Cathedral, Freddy Mercury house and experiencing the hustle and bustle of the streets, the bazaar full of coffee drinkers and the beautiful doors of Zanzibar, you too will bear witness that Stone Town is a cultural crossroads and that it is worthy of its world heritage title. Also take the time to explore the markets where local people purchase their daily requirements and also a market street full of colourful textiles.
Whether you are interested in history, culture, architecture, renovation work, or just a shopaholic, your guide can adapt your tour to your needs. They will share amusing, but also cruel stories, about the life and culture of the old times in Stone Town and then safely deposit you back where your tour started/ the place you were met.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Old Fort, Mizingani Rd, Zanzibar, Tanzania
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.