All the wonders of the Bologna hills
A walking tour dedicated to the secrets of the Bolognese hill. In the monasteries and in the cenobies of the hill the communities of friars who hosted the pilgrims going to the city met, the bishops many centuries later built their villas here, and the great hydraulic projects to bring the fresh water of the hill took place in this wild corner and wooded in the city.
Our itinerary touches some of the wonders preserved in this part of the city, where nature and architecture come together in a unique union. The red and yellow colors of the villas, Renaissance churches and medieval cenobies (ancient medieval monasteries) blend with the light yellowish and white colors of the badlands and clay. Large wooded gardens are the setting for these architectural wonders.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Entrance tickets to monuments
- Entry/Admission - Cenobio di San Vittore
- Entry/Admission - Bagni di Mario (Conserva di Valverde)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Complesso Monumentale San Michele In Bosco, Piazzale San Michele in Bosco, Bologna Italy
The complex, of enormous architectural and artistic value, now home to an important orthopedic hospital, houses a church of splendid features and cycles of Renaissance frescoes, including Bagnacavallo, Prospero Fontana and Amico Aspertini, an octagonal cloister in a partial state of neglect with frescoes by the 3 Carracci brothers, and some special environments related to the conventual life.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cenobio di San Vittore, Via San Vittore 40, 40136 Bologna Italy
a corner of peace and meditation desired by the friars in medieval times, evocative and perfectly preserved, today shows all the warmth of the red brick of Bolognese clay, the thirteenth-century frescoes (the oldest in Bologna after those of the Rotonda di Villa Aldini), with their warm colors of the local Gothic, a Renaissance wooden choir, and many other art treasures.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Bagni di Mario (Conserva di Valverde), Via Bagni di Mario 10, 40136 Bologna Italy
. The spectacular Renaissance cistern, also called Bagni di Mario, excavated by Pope Pius IV in the sandstone heart of the hill, with the aim of supplying the city with fresh and drinking water, today represents one of the best preserved hydraulic structures of the 16th century. 2.30 pm will end, reaching the starting point at the foot of the hill again.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Porta San Mamolo, Via San Mamolo, 40136 Bologna BO, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.