All must-sees in 3 hours - Nara Park Classic Tour!
This is a guided walking tour covering all must-sees of Nara Park area. Instead of looking down at your smartphones or guidebooks for information, look up and around to enjoy the city. Our guide is sure to tell you history, picture spots, about deer and so on. The tour usually ends around 1 pm; you have enough time to explore the city on your own afterwards.
per adult from
What's included :
- Admission to Great Buddha Hall
- One bus ride from JR Nara Station to Nara Park area
- Entry/Admission - Todai-ji Temple
What's excluded :
- Meals and Drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kasuga Grand Shrine, 160 Kasuganocho, Nara 630-8212 Nara Prefecture
Walk the precinct with the guide and most likely you can spot deer here and there. Find out why deer are freely roaming in Nara, the difference between Shinto and Buddhism and so on.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Todai-ji Temple, 406-1 Zoushi-cho, Nara 630-8587 Nara Prefecture
We visit the Great Buddha Hall to meet the Big Buddha. The guide will tell you stories behind the Big Buddha statue and the temple. It's a picture spot.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Nara Park, 469 Zoshicho, Nara 630-8501 Nara Prefecture
Our destinations, Todaiji Temple, Kasuga Taisha Shrine, and Kofukuji Temple - it's not wrong to say all of them are in the Nara Park. Depending on the season and speed of the group, we may add more spots from the Nara Park.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kofuku-ji Temple, 48 Noboriojicho, Nara 630-8213 Nara Prefecture
We usually end the tour at this temple. The five-storied pagoda is photogenic. After informing you with history, we are happy to give you direction for train stations, afternoon plans, and a lunch.
(*During June to September, when heatstroke is a concern, we may only visit Kasuga Grand Shrine, Nara Park and Todaiji Temple. If the temperature permits we may go to Kofukuji Temple.)
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Nara Station, 1 Sanjohonmachi, Nara, 630-8122, Japan
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :1: Kōfuku-ji, 48 Noboriōjichō, Nara, 630-8213, Japan
2: Nandaimon Gate of Tōdaiji, 406-1 Zōshichō, Nara, 630-8211, Japan
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The tour route includes steps and a gravel path where you would need to carry or need a harder push for your baby stroller.
- Most travelers can participate
- Todaiji Temple asks all visitors to Great Buddha Hall to wear a face mask.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.