All Inclusive Private Trip to Kalinjar from Khajuraho
Visit historic Kalinjar Fort and Neelkanth temple on a Private Day trip from Khajuraho. A personal local guide accompanies you to historical monuments while sharing stories and wartime legends. Enjoy the service of Private chauffeur in a comfortable car.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Personal Local Guide.
- Private chauffeur with comfortable car.
- Drive From Khajuraho to Kalinjar and back.
- Fuel, Parking and Toll fee.
- Government taxes and surcharge.
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Kalinjar Fort
What's excluded :
- Foods and Drinks.
- Tips and Gratuities.
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kalinjar Fort, Banda District Near foothills of Vindhya Range, Khajuraho 210129 India
After morning pickup from your hotel lobby in Khajuraho, you'll drive a distance of roughly 130 Kms to Kalinjar via hills of Panna in the comfort of a private vehicle driven by personal chauffeur.
The fortress is strategically located on an isolated rocky hill at the end the Vindhya Range, at an elevation of 1,203 feet (367 m) and overlooks the plains of Bundelkhand. It served several of Bundelkhand's ruling dynasties, including the Chandela dynasty of Rajputs in the 10th century, and the Solankies of Rewa. The fortress contains several temples dating as far back as the Gupta dynasty of the 3rd-5th centuries CE.
Kalinjar means The destroyer of time in Sanskrit. 'Kal' is time and 'jar' destruction. Legend says that after manthan (the mythological churning of the ocean), Hindu God, Lord Shiva, drank the poison and his throat became blue (hence the name Neel (blue) Kantha (throat)) and he came to Kalinjar and overcome the 'Kal' i.e. he achieved victory over death. This is the reason the Shiva temple at Kalinjar is called Neelkanth. Since then, the hill has been considered a holy site, casting its shadow across the patches of grasslands as well as the densely forested valley. The natural splendor of the surroundings makes it an ideal place for penance and meditation and, surprisingly, a strange mystique still pervades all over the hill.
The Fort is a symbol of cultural and religious glory. This panorama of Kalinjar is marked by the famous temple of ageless Neelkantha, the tallest ‘Kala Bhairava’ image and number of high class sculptures in and around, and artistic friezes strewn throughout the length and breadth of the site and ranging from the Gupta period of the time of Chadellas.
Yours personal guide would be delighted to suggest you the place for lunch, available out of very limited options. Also enjoy the lovely country landscape of central India and make few photo stops for panoramic clicks if time permits while on drive. Return back to hotel lobby in Khajuraho with happy memories.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up is from hotel lobby in Khajuraho. Please provide name and address of hotel while booking.Airports
- Khajuraho Airport, Khajuraho India
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We advice yo to carry enough water to drink.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes to walk on uneven pavements.
- Carry some snacks as there will be limited opportunity to purchase food.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.