All-inclusive Private Tour: Datong Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Monastery
Datong is famed for its rich deposit of coal as well as precious historical relics. Listen to expert commentaries from your private tour guide and get to know the stories, history, and culture behind those famous sites. You will have your own car, driver and English-speaking tour guide, pickup and drop-off from your hotel, and a Chinese lunch at local restaurant.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Datong hotel pick-up and drop-off
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance ticket
- Entry/Admission - Yungang Grottoes
- Entry/Admission - Hengshan Hanging Temple (Xuankong si)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yungang Grottoes, Wuzhou Mountain, Urban Area, Datong 37000 China
At 8:30 am, your car, driver and tour guide will pick you up from your hotel in Datong to start today’s historical tour.
Your first stop is Yungang Grottoes, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It's construction spanned 40 years in the 5th century. It stretches over half a mile (1,000 meters) continuously from east to west. 45 grottoes remained out of the original 53, and overall they contain 250 niches and 51,000 Buddhist statues with murals and frescoes which are all masterpiece of ancient Chinese carving art and embodiment of ancient people’s religious faith.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hengshan Hanging Temple (Xuankong si), Hengshan, Datong China
After having Chinese lunch at a local restaurant, head to Hanging Monastery at the foot of Hengshan Mountain, one hour drive away from city center. The monastery is the only one that enshrines Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism within one establishment. The architecture is amazing and it literally hangs on the mountain cliff about 164 feet (50 meters) above the ground. You will have a look from the outside as climbing up the monastery at the moment is forbidden.
After the tour, you will be transfer back to your hotel at around 17:30pm.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-up area should be within the central Datong city.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.