All-Inclusive Private Biking and Hiking Tour at Huanghuacheng Great Wall
Explore the Huanghuacheng section of the Great Wall on bike and foot with this private 8-hour tour from Beijing. Travel to this mountainous and unrestored section of the UNESCO-listed wall: the only stretch bordering a lake. Then, enjoy a guided countryside bike ride and hike along the steep battlements. Admire the mountain-and-lake scenery and learn about the Ming-era wall on route. Includes lunch, private transport, bike, entrance fees, and personalized attention from a private guide.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English-speaking tour guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Great Wall at Huanghuacheng
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Great Wall at Huanghuacheng, 60 km (37 miles) N of Beijing, Beijing 102209 China
Depart your hotel in central Beijing, and travel north from the city by private, air-conditioned vehicle with your guide. Pass interesting towns, villages, and countryside, and hear all about the Huanghuacheng Great Wall as you travel.
This largely unrestored, steeply running section was built as part of China’s inner Great Wall during the Ming dynasty (1368-1644), and is one of the most beautiful yet least crowded sections near Beijing — about 45 miles (70 kilometres) from the city. Huanghuacheng is also the only lakeside section of the wall, running over vertiginous mountainous terrain before tracing the shores of Haoming Lake. Parts of the structure here are even submerged in the lake and nearby Xishuiyu Reservoir. The natural beauty of the surroundings – green mountains, flower fields, and lush woodlands — and the largely unrestored ramparts give the wall a wild, untamed feel loved by hikers.
On arrival at Huanghuacheng, swap your vehicle for a bicycle, and don the provided cycle helmet. Then, after safety instructions, enjoy a guided tour, following parts of the back roads that lead to the wall. Pedal along quiet lanes past traditional farms, streams, farmland, woods, and orchards, and stop every now and then to hear more about the area.
After about an hour, end your ride and enjoy a tasty Chinese lunch at a local restaurant before continuing to one of the most scenic stretches of the wall. Here, enjoy a 2- to 3-hour guided hike along the ramparts, walking at a pace that suits you. Admire the magnificent views from your elevated position, soaking in the forested peaks, lake, and wall as it snakes away over the high ridges.
Afterward, return to your vehicle and travel back to Beijing, where your trip ends with a hotel drop-off.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Pickup from your centrally located Beijing hotel
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable hiking shoes
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Health QR Code is required upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.