All inclusive full day trip to Matala Beach-Spili Village-Kournas Lake-Group 12
Let’s drive south-east and visit the picturesque village of Spili. Take a 60 min brake admiring a stone fountain, springs, chapels and churches with wonderful murals. Our next stop gives you the chance to experience Matala, a small village where in the 60s a group of backpacking hippies came from the four corners of the earth to find ready-made homes in the caves, express themselves, enjoy free love and create. The feeling of freedom, the beautiful beach, the welcoming bay and the azure blue waters form the ideal hippie scene. Unforgettable panoramic sights, the unique Mediterranean landscape and swimming in turquoise clean sea will be the most exciting memories of your holiday on the island! Along the way back, we make a stop at Lake Kournas, a popular tourist destination with many shops and tavernas where you can enjoy the magnificent view of the White Mountains reflected in the waters.
per adult from
10 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Audiovisual presentation of Cretan customs on the bus, USB charging ports in bus
- Coffee offer in a traditional kafenion
- Cold soft drinks, beer, wine, bottled water
- Sandwiches, Cretan kalitsounia in a meal box
- Umbrellas for the beach
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
- Local tour leader (English and German speaking)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Matala beach, Matala, Crete Greece
Matala is a seaside village located 75 km south-west of Heraklion. It’s famous for its caves, which form the backdrop to an excellent beach. These artificial caves were created in the Neolithic Age and were initially used as tombs. Up to the 60s, when only two or three houses were in Matala, German and English hippies ‘discovered’ Matala, living in the caves barely 10m from the sea. Now Matala is a small village living mainly from tourism. It is ideal for those who want to spend their holidays near lovely beaches, large archaeological sites and many villages which retain their traditional atmosphere.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Spili, Spili, Agios Vasileios Municipality, Rethymnon Prefecture, Crete
Spili is a small picturesque village located 27 km south-east of Rethymno and at an altitude of 430 metres. The word Spili in Greek means cave, so it is thought that the village gets its name from local caves. The Christian devotion of the people of Spili is shown by the many churches in the village, reaching 21 in number. It is known for its cooling shady village squares where you can enjoy a coffee and running water from the fountains. The focal point of the village is its ‘kefalovrissi’ or Lions Fountain, a series of lion heads with lovely cool spring water trickling out of them.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lake Kournas, Kournas, Apokoronas, Crete 730 07 Greece
Kournas Lake is the only physical freshwater lake in Crete. It is relatively large, with a perimeter of 3.5 km. According to a legend, it has no bottom, which is not true and was based on its dark color. There are also theories about strange electromagnetic fields near the lake, making some people uneasy while others feel a very good energy. Its unique beauty preserves until today the legend about the nymph who lives into the lake of Kournas. Lake Kournas is an important wetland area with a variety of flora and fauna, and so it is included in the Natura 2000 protection program.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Contact us to define your pick up location
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.