All inclusive full day trip to Elafonisi-Falasarna-Vouves from Chania-Group 12
Enjoy nearly 5 hours of leisure time swimming and sunbathing by the sea. Visit the 2 most popular beaches of Greece, Falasarna and Elafonisi, in one day. Our trip starts from Vouves, where we will visit the oldest olive tree in the world and the Olive Tree Museum. The tour goes on west to Falasarna, a white sandy beach famous for the clear turquoise blue sea. Our next stop, Elafonisi, is the most breathtaking destination of the day. Swim in shallow turquoise waters, explore the fine pink sand and the exotic small lagoons, ideal for children.
per adult from
10 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Audiovisual presentation of Cretan customs on the bus, USB charging ports in bus
- Coffee offer in a traditional kafenion
- Cold soft drinks, beer, wine, bottled water
- Sandwiches, Cretan kalitsounia in a meal box
- Umbrellas for the beach
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
- Local tour leader (English & German speaking)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Monumental Olive Tree of Vouves, Vouves, Crete Greece
The Olive tree of Vouves is probably one of the oldest olive trees in the world, which remains productive to this day. The exact age of the tree cannot be determined. While tree ring analysis demonstrated the tree to be at least 2000 years old, scientists from the University of Crete have estimated it to be 4000 years old. In 1997 it was declared a protected natural monument and, in October 2009, the Olive Tree Museum of Vouves was inaugurated in a nearby 19th-century house, displaying traditional tools used in the process of olive cultivation. As of the Olympic Games in Athens in 2004, olive branches “kotinos” from this ancient olive tree were used for the wreath of Marathon winners in every Olympic game. Every year over 20,000 people from all over the world visit this ancient tree.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Falassarna Beach, Falassarna, Crete 73400 Greece
Falasarna beach is located in the western part of Crete, about 53 km from the town of Chania and 13 km from the town of Kissamos. Quite popular with day trippers, its stunning beaches and clear turquoise blue sea are unique. It has received many awards for its beauty, amenities and services enjoyed by the visitor. The long sandy beach is one of its most important advantages, as it offers the chance to the visitors to enjoy it, even in the high season period. Swimming in the crystal clear turquoise waters of the beach, will make anyone feel the ultimate pleasure. Its beach is fully organized with umbrellas and sun beds in its biggest part. However, there are several free spots for those who prefer to put their own umbrella and towel on the sand. What will impress you the most, is the charming and unique sunset, one of the most beautiful in Greece.
The sunset there is really impressive, as there is nothing to obstruct your field of view between the beach and the horizon.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Elafonissi Beach, Elafonissi, Crete Greece
Off the southwestern tip of Crete, about 75 kilometers from Chania town, lies Elafonisi beach and small island. It is within walking distance from the mainland, sometimes without even getting one’s toes wet. It was once used by pirates to hide their loot (lafyra) and that is how it got its name. The island (about 1.3 km long and 400 meters wide) is a protected nature reserve and boasts one of the finest sand beaches in the country. More than that, Elafonisi is the only Greek contender in a Tripadvisor list of the world’s 25 best beaches for 2014. This is to be expected: blindingly white-pink sand, turquoise-white lagoon-like waters that ripple as they pick up the breeze, an exotic place with sporadic vegetation against the stark bareness of the Cretan mountains. On the island discover numerous small coves, sandy beaches and interesting rock formations. It is also home to 110 plant species including the protected Androcymbium rechingeri, which is as rare as it sounds.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Contact us to define your pick up location
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.