All Day Canoe Adventure to Rovaniemi
This challenging all-day trip will let you discover all the secrets that Lapland waters hide. You will get the chance to enjoy the peacefulness of its nature in a very eco-friendly way, will appreciate the Arctic fauna and flora from a complete different perspective, and will end the day with a great feeling of achievement. A true mini-adventure into Lapland wonders that you will long remember!
In all our excursions, our groups are limited to 8 travelers maximum. It it very important for us to provide you with the best experience as possible, and avoid mass tourism. This way, your guide will know you better and will be able to address all your needs and answer your questions. As we usually say : the smaller the group, the bigger the experience !
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Canoes, paddles, life-jackets
- Qualified canoeing guide
- Safety instructions and basic canoeing lessons
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Private transportation
- Waterproof bags
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
Challenge yourself and embark for an all-day canoe adventure to Rovaniemi! This canoeing safari will make you feel the harmony of Lapland nature from a complete different perspective!
Your qualified canoe guide will take you upstream of a river with the objective that you reach Rovaniemi, the capital town of the Finnish Lapland.
Before embarking for your adventure, they will teach you the basic techniques on how to canoe and will provide you with all the safety instructions needed. You will be explained how to use the paddles, how to move on water and steer your canoe, how to react if capsizing, etc. Your guide will always be with you, and will assist you if you are in need of help. Together, you will then start go down a river, paddling for a few hours in direction of Rovaniemi.
Somewhere halfway, you will enjoy a nice break with a typical Finnish snack served around the open fire to recover some energy. This is a good moment for your guide to show you how to build and lit a fire (without matches or lighter!) using a flint & steel. They will also explain you more about Lapland, life in the Arctic, and nature.
Departure Point :Kansankatu 14, 96100 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide will come to pick you up from your hotel between 5 and 30 minutes prior to departure. Your exact pick-up time will be confirmed by email at least one day prior to the activity. If you stay in hotels or resorts, please wait at the reception. If you stay in a private accommodation (ex: Airbnb), please wait outside on the street side so your guide can easily find you.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.