Alexandria's Roman Heritage - Over Day from Cairo including lunch
Early morning you will be picked up by Menatours representative to start the trip to Alexandria; It is internationally known as the ‘Bride of the Mediterranean.Visit Fort of Qaitbay, from the 15th century, which is a defensive fortress located on the Mediterranean sea coast in Egypt,Visit Pompey’s Pillar. It is a 28 meter high pillar and dates from the third century. The pillar was raised in honor of Emperor Diocletian, who saved the city of Alexandria from famine. Continue to the Catacomb of Kom Al Shukafa which is the largest Roman cemetery and consists of three levels cut in the rock to a depth of 100 feet, dating back to the turn of the second century. It is a blend of Pharaonic and Roman art. View the Alexandria library from outside then visit Al-Montazah Gardens; the Royal garden with an area of approximately 370 acres. It is located in the Al-Montazah neighborhood in eastern Alexandria, which contains a large collection of ancient trees and rare flowers. Lunch is included.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees to the mentioned sights
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Citadel of Qaitbay
- Entry/Admission - Pompey's Pillar
- Entry/Admission - Roman Amphitheatre
- Entry/Admission - Montazah Gardens
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Citadel of Qaitbay, Alexandria, As Sayalah Sharq, Qesm Al Gomrok, Alexandria Governorate, Egypt
The Qaitbay Citadel in Alexandria is considered one of the most important defensive strongholds, not only in Egypt, but also along the Mediterranean Sea coast. It formulated an important part of the fortification system of Alexandria in the 15th centur
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pompey's Pillar, Al Karah WA at Toubageyah WA Kafr Al Ghates, Alexandria 21599 Egypt
The Pillar is a Roman triumphal column in Alexandria, Egypt, the largest of its type constructed outside the imperial capitals of Rome and Constantinople, located at the Serapeum of Alexandria. The only known free-standing column in Roman Egypt which was not composed of drums, it is one of the largest ancient monoliths and one of the largest monolithic columns ever erected.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Roman Amphitheatre, Raml Station Square At Kom El Dekka near the Roman Museum, Alexandria 21599 Egypt
Roman Theatre is a 6,000-seat, 2nd-century Roman theatre. A famous landmark in the Jordanian capital, it dates back to the Roman period when the city was known as Philadelphia. The theatre and the nearby Odeon are flanking the new Hashemite Plaza from the south and the east respectively, while the Roman Nymphaeum is just a short stroll away in north-westerly direction.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Montazah Gardens, Montaza Palace Al Mandarah Bahri, Qism El-Montaza, Alexandria 21599 Egypt
The Montazah Palace and Royal Gardens cover an area of approximately 150 acres, stretching all the way to the nearby beach. The gardens are beautifully maintained, and as a result the area is very popular among locals.
Its close proximity to the beach also means that there is usually a pleasantly cool breeze blowing in from the Mediterranean Sea, and there’s also easy access to the beach, should visitors feel like going for a swim.
Very nice ambiance with great experience to walk in Montazah park enjoying garden plants from different origins and also, enjoying the sunset in front of the beach also the royal palace is amazing
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Cairo Intl Airport, Cairo Egypt
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.