Alexandria one day trip from Cairo by road
Explore the highlights of the beautiful city of Alexandria as: the Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa, the Pompey's Pillar, the citadel of Qaitbay, and the Library of Alexandria.
Entrance fees, and tour guide are included.
Lunch is included at local restaurant.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Entrance fees
- Licensed tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa
- Entry/Admission - Citadel of Qaitbay
- Entry/Admission - Pompey's Pillar
What's excluded :
- Drinks and personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa, Kom Al Shokafa, Alexandria 21599 Egypt
Catacombs of Kom el Shaqafa The necropolis consists of a series of Alexandrian tombs, statues and archaeological objects of the Pharaonic funeral cult with Hellenistic and early Imperial Roman influences. Due to the time period, many of the features of the catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa merge Roman, Greek and Egyptian cultural points; some statues are Egyptian in style yet bear Roman clothes and hair style whilst other features share a similar style. A circular staircase, which was often used to transport deceased bodies down the middle of it, leads down into the tombs that were tunnelled into the bedrock during the age of the Antonine emperors (2nd century AD).The facility was then used as a burial chamber from the 2nd century to the 4th century, before being rediscovered in 1900 when a donkey accidentally fell into the access shaft.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Citadel of Qaitbay, Alexandria, As Sayalah Sharq, Qesm Al Gomrok, Alexandria Governorate, Egypt
The Citadel of Qaitbay is a 15th century defensive fortress located on the Mediterranean sea coast. It was built in 1477 AD by Sultan Al Ashraf Sief el Din Qaitbay. The Citadel is situated on the eastern side of the northern tip of Pharos Island at the mouth of the Eastern Harbour. It was erected on the site of the famous Lighthouse of Alexandria, which was one of the seven wonders of Ancient world.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pompey's Pillar, Al Karah WA at Toubageyah WA Kafr Al Ghates, Alexandria 21599 Egypt
Pompey’s Pillar (column): is a Roman triumphal column, the largest of its type constructed outside the imperial capitals of Rome and Constantinople, located at the Serapeum of Alexandria. Made from Aswan granite it is the only known free-standing column in Roman Egypt, which was not composed of drums, it is one of the largest ancient monoliths and one of the largest monolithic columns ever erected. Although named Pompey’s pillar the column was actually built in 297 AD, commemorating the victory of the Roman Emperor Diocletian over an Alexandrina revolt.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Alexandria, Alexandria, Alexandria Governorate
We will view from the outside The Bibliotheca Alexandrina is a major library and cultural centre located on the shore of the Mediterranean sea. It is both a commemoration of the library of Alexandria that was lost in antiquity, and an attempt to rekindle something of the brilliance that this earlier centre of study and erudition represented. The library was officially inaugurated in 2002. It contains books in Arabic, English and French. In 2010, the library received a donation of 500,000 books from the National Library of France and therefore, makes the Bibliotheca Alexandrina the sixth-largest Francophone library in the world. The library has shelf space for eight million books. The complex also houses a conference centre; specialized libraries for maps, multimedia, the blind and visually impaired, young people, and for children; four museums; four art galleries for temporary exhibitions; 15 permanent exhibitions; a planetarium; and a manuscript restoration laboratory.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will meet you and your guests at your hotel or suitable location for you and return you to this location at the end of your tour.
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- We ask that all guests and guides comply with the Ministry’s requirements when visiting archaeological sites and museums
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.