Alexandria Day Tour From Cairo
We are not just selling tours; we provide you a real experience in Egypt: an experience of a lifetime.
per adult from
11 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- tour guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alexandria, Alexandria, Alexandria Governorate
Travel to Alexandria. Start the tour with the library of Alexandria; the biggest library in the world – now with 8 million books. Visit it’s open court where you can see the statue of Alexander the Great and the statue of Ptolemy the first, which was found underwater nearby. Our guide will explain the design of the library from outside, you will have a chance for some photo stops.
Note: Alexandria Library is closed on Fridays and on every public holiday. To enter the reading area you will need to purchase a ticket.
Optional Visit the Roman Amphitheater of Alexandria with the display of the sunken monuments of Alexandria which were discovered under the East harbor of Alexandria.
The car will then take you to visit the church of St. Mark – the oldest church in Africa, after which you will visit the old downtown of Alexandria where you can walk through the old city-center of Alexandria. Look at the traditional markets; where everything and anything is sold including traditional Egyptian sweets and treats. The architecture locally has baroque style designs and Italian and French style properties.
Visit El Nabi Daniel Mosque which is believed by many people to be related to Alexander the great tomb, It is said to contain the remains of the scholar and venerated teacher Prophet Daniel and his companion Sidi Lokman el Hakim, a religious story-teller.
Optional lunch stop at a modern Fish Restaurant or a famous and traditional Alexandrian food place called Mohamed Ahmed’s. The Queen of Spain and many famous people go there when they visit Alexandria.
Continue your tour by passing through the oldest market area in Mansheya and see the traditional womens’ markets (zan’et etsetat) with very thin and narrow streets, gold market also exists here where everyone buys their wedding and engagement jewellery.
The car will then take you to visit the prettiest and biggest mosque in the city: the Abbo Elabbas Mosque, and the strangest sight outside it: an old funfair where children play on very antique funfair rides and eat candy floss.
Opposite is the corniche and the old harbour where you can see the old fishing boats, men fishing and traditional fishermen making nets. The photos taken here are amazing. Continue to see the outside of Quaitbay castle which was built on the same site as the ancient Lighthouse of Alexandria one of the seven wonders of ancient world . A most spectacular castle which is a great photo stop.
On your way back you will stop over the famous bridge of Stanley – the modern landmark of modern Alexandria, then travel in comfort back to your hotel in Cairo.
Duration: 12 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Cairo Intl Airport, Cairo Egypt
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.