Akosombo and Shai Hills Full Day Eco-Friendly Tour from Accra
Destination Akosombo - Shai Eco Tour is one amazing tour experience that will wow you.
Akosombo is located in the Eastern Region of Ghana about 95km from Accra the capital. This township lies at the base of the Volta Lake and the main attraction is the Akosombo Hydro Electric Dam.
The Lake is the second largest man-made lake in the World.
This tour package begins with a visit to Shai Hills, the closest wildlife viewing areas to Accra with striking landscapes overlooking the Krobo mountain.
Shai Hills is one of the closest wildlife viewing areas to Accra and one of the most easily accessible in Ghana with striking landscapes overlooking the Krobo mountain.
The reserve is a habitat to zebras, antelopes, birds, baboons, and different caves.
Be transferred in a 4x4 air-condition cross country, served with water and snacks, with an experienced friendly and helpful guide.
Visit Shai Hills Resource Reserve.
Depart Shai Hills to Akosombo
Depart Akosombo to Accra.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Entry/ Admission - Shai Hills Resource Reserve
- Entry/Admission - Shai Hills Resource Reserve
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shai Hills Resource Reserve, Akosombo-Tema Rd Ghana
Visit the Shai Hills Reserve which combines nature conservation, rich cultural and archaeological sites with splendid scenic beauty. Trek through the Savannah plains to view West Africa’s big game: antelopes, bushbucks, krobs, baboons, monkeys, and many bird species including the crested eagle, ground hornbill, blank bellied bustard and more. Visit the Obonu Tem & Se Yo Caves which serve as home to many animals, notably insectivorous bats. Learn about the various artefacts that have been found on this very site (homeland to the Krobo people)
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Akosombo, Akosombo, Eastern Region
Biggest hydroelectric dam in Ghana located on the amazing Lake Volta, that produces over 1,020MW of electrical output
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Accra Tourist Information Centre, Accra, Ghana
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Kotoka Airport, Accra Ghana
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- we provide face masks and hand sanitizer upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.