Agra Overnight Tour From Delhi
Taj Mahal - the most talked about monument of the world is on every traveler's bucket list. But the Taj is not just a stand-alone attraction in Agra. The legacy of Mughal Empire has left many foot prints behind in over five centuries in the form of magnificent fort, tombs and mausoleums which are the fine examples of Mughal architecture as well. This overnight Agra tour tries to look beyond the Taj into the lesser known monuments of Agra.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- 3 Star Hotel Accommodation ( on twin sharing basis )
- Private English Tour Guide.
- Private AC Vehicle.
- Mineral bottled water.
- Hotel Pick up & Drop off.
What's excluded :
- Gratuities to Guide/Driver (optional)
- Anything that is not specifically mentioned in above Inclusions.
- Monuments Fees
- Entry/Admission - Taj Mahal
Day 1: Delhi - Agra
Stop At: New Delhi, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi
We pick you up from the location of your choice in New Delhi, for the drive to Agra. The journey will take approximately four hours, hence an 8 a.m. morning start is recommended.
After arriving at Agra, check into your hotel. In the afternoon begin your discovery of the historic city of Agra with a visit to the impressive red sandstone Agra Fort built by Akbar - the most illustrious ruler of the Mughal dynasty - in 1565 A.D. It was subsequently embellished with beautiful palaces, mosque and gardens by his successors. Replete with priceless examples of craftsmanship from the Mughal era, these include the exquisite Moti Masjid or Pearl Mosque, the Diwan-i-Khas, the Diwan-i-Am, Jahangir Mahal and Shish Mahal.
Taj Sunset Visit the magnificent Taj Mahal, a pristine white marble mausoleum built by Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife - Mumtaz Mahal. One of the Seven Wonders of the World, it took 20,000 workers from neighboring Islamic countries, 22 years of ceaseless toil to create this exquisite white marble monument upon which peopled have waxed eloquent throughout the world. Experience a splendid sunset viewing of the Taj Mahal and the return to your hotel. Overnight stay at the Agra hotel.
Duration: 1 day
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Overnight stay at the Agra hotel.
Day 2: Agra - Fatehpur Sikri - Delhi
Stop At: Taj Mahal, Dharmapuri, Forest Colony, Tajganj, Agra 282001 India
Check out of the hotel after breakfast and drive to Fatehpur Sikri, approximately a little over an hour's drive. Constructed by Akbar between 1570 -1585 A.D., this red sandstone city houses many impresive architectural monuments. Most remarkable among these are the towering Buland Darwaza, the exquisite marble tomb of Salim Chishti (the Muslim mystic who gave his blessings to Emperor Akbar for a son), Panch Mahal, Jodha Bai's Palace, Birbal Bhavan and the unique checkered Pachisi Court.
Break for Lunch.
After lunch, embark on your return journey to Delhi.
Arrive at Delhi in the late evening and we drop you at the location of your choice
Duration: 12 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Indira Gandhi Intl Airport, New Delhi, New Delhi 110037 India
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- No strict dress code is enforced in tour sites. However, please be advised to dress accordingly for places of worship; shorts or sleeveless tops are not recommended
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses/sunscreen are highly recommended
- Hotel rooms have either a double bed or two single/twin beds fit for 2 people. Please contact local tour operator after to request bed type; contact info will be provided on your confirmation voucher. If you are traveling with an odd number of individuals, an additional bed will be placed in one room
- Maximum group size is 8 passengers
- French, Spanish or German language-speaking guide services are available at no extra charge. Please contact your tour operator to make arrangements
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.