AGIA ROUMELI-PAPOURA peak, hike adventure
A great long hike begining from 0m to 1000m altitute challenging, changing options all the time following the steps of the locals in the past when they had to be nomads to the White mountains to survive.A life time experiance for strong people.Mountain and sea together.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private guid
What's excluded :
We will hike up to 1.000m.altitute to Papoura peak above Agia Roumeli. We will start ftom the old village up and finish to the new one make in a round hike passing from the two fotresses. A great hike, only for people in very good phisical condition.cal
We will start our hike going fitst to the old village 1 and a half km north from the cost.We will pads the stone brige and follow the path to the church of Agia Paraxkevi.We continiu highter and highter o a path at frst and later on direction up untill the top.Approximatelly we need 3.5 to 4 hours. Then we will walk along the top to the hightest point,Papoura.The view is unexpectable.We see Samaria gorge and Klados from hight up asa well as many peaks of the White mountains and the Lybian sea.We will returne from a different way down trought the two castles existing there.Great view all te way.You need to have perfect phisical condition for this great hike and to be healthy.Hiking sticks would help.Also water to drink, a small snack , sun cream and a hat you need to have.Ending to Agia Roumeli you can refresh your self at the crystal clearwater of the sea.
Departure Point :Unnamed Road, Sfakia 730 11, Greece
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.